Did you wear makeup to look older or younger?

Some men on Reddit are saying that women use makeup to look younger:
Did you wear makeup to look older or younger?Personally, when I wore makeup, I did it to look older.

People have told me that now that I'm a 20 year old who wears no makeup, I look younger than I did when I was a 15 year old who wore makeup.

What was the case for you?

Guys can answer based on what they think will be the most common answer for women.

• I wear/wore makeup to look older
  • I wear/wore makeup to look younger
  • I used to wear makeup to look older; now I wear it to look neither younger nor older
    Vote C
  • I used to wear makeup to look older; now I wear it to look younger
    Vote D
  • I never wore makeup to look younger or older
    Vote E
  • I never wore makeup at all
    Vote F
  • other
    Vote G

71

Most Helpful Guy

• when your young you wear it to look older
    when you old you wear it to look younger

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they're confused. I don't know any makeup that hides wrinkles on older women. It's only creams and surgery that do that. I agree with you that it can only add years to our appearance. Things like contouring are meant for it to appear as though we have cheekbones, and other face parts, fully developed when we don't have them yet.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 6

• I don't wear make up to look younger or older but I definitely look like an infant without make up. I wear make up because I feel better about my face with make up on.

• I wear simple makeup to even out my skin tone and enhance my eyes. I don't think it makes me look younger or older, nor do I want it to.

• I wear makeup to enhance my best features. I try to always look my own age, even with makeup.

• I don't wear makeup

• I never wear it for the purpose of looking younger or older. I wear it to accentuate my features.

• To look older.