Is it okay not to wear makeup?

I've had guys tell me girls need to wear makeup to be pretty.. is this true?

2531

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not true. If you going out in public, it might be a good idea to present yourself in a good way but you don't have to wear make up to be pretty. Women can look absolutely amazing without makeup on & adding makeup on only make them more beautiful. But if a guy tells you that you need to wear makeup to be pretty, he basically just cares about your looks & nothing else. You shouldn't need a guy to tell that you're pretty with makeup on only. If someone was really into you, they'd tell you that you're beautiful regardless if you wear makeup or not

Most Helpful Girl

• Thats always funny. Guys who dont wear makeup telling girls either way. If they wore makeup then that would be different. That would be like me telling a guy he would be better off wearing briefs than boxers. Each person is different. Go with what makes you happy.

• lol all girls are beautiful inside and out, I justy hope they see that. I get why they choose make up but I don't see the need of it personal ly xD

• of course I never said you can't but your right and I agree with you it is your choice

• if you are happy with it I am happy for you ๐Ÿ˜€

What Guys Said 30

• It's okay to do whatever you want as long as it doesn't hurt anybody.

Now, a little makeup enhances attractiveness. Done right the guys don't even know what they're looking at, they just think you're pretty.

If you need some help with it there are plenty of mall kiosks at the major department stores that will show you the basics. Don't be afraid of it, embrace it as a young woman.

• I like girls without makeup, but if you want to, light makeup is okay, if you use too much that it actually hides your actual look then I believe most men dislike that.

• wearing makeup is your choice not theirs. if they are so shallow as to believe girls can only look pretty with makeup then you have an interest in the wrong guys

• I think a girl should wear makeup in many situations to look her best, because I know that in most cases it will help her feel better about herself as well. There shouldn't be any pressure from myself to have to always use makeup and in the end that trivial, superficial stuff takes a major backseat in my book. Makeup can look both great and horrible when girls wear it anyways, but when we are laying down for the night, I care about her being there and happy to be there with me despite what i feel are my flaws as well, not if I can see a pimple on her nose...

• No, that's all a lie. It's all in the girl that's pretty, not the makeup.

• no... no... ask again, NO

• no ifs how comfortable in your own skin if you want to wear it on occasion then go for it. it makes you feel good but don't make it a necessity

• I actually prefer girls who don't wear makeup.

• not true at all in my case I find girls waaay attractive without make up so trust me ur way better without make up dont put it ๐Ÿ‘Œ

• Yes, its okay to not wear makeup.

• Of course its nice to see a girl painted or with sexy painted lips but it can come to a moment when they may look like a clown. What i mean is, wear make up must be used witihout too much and that can make girls very pretty but its totally ok not to wear that, but if it makes them more self confident they should use it, but they should know that not wear it, is ok as makeup isn't what makes the girls pretty, not the outside is the important but so does the inside.

• if you feel pretty without it, odds are you are a beautiful woman who doesn't need it

• Yes, it's okay NOT to wear make-up.

• Yes, its very good thing cuz I consider the makeup greatest corruption in mankind history. Like you pay for the flawless diamond while its actually the cactus,
    Plenty of guys consider this a plus point as compare to plastic b... and I am only talking about makeup, hair, trimmed nails and hygiene is still necessary.

• they are fool of crap

• It's better not to.

• its so much better w/o

• would need to see a pic

• Do exactly as you please. The right guy will be happy with that. Forget the rest.

• I Don't think. The natural beauty that a woman has will be more pretty than that of makeup. If someone likes because of your makeup then forget about him. Let them like you for what you are. Be yourself, believing in oneself makes us pretty than trying to be someone else.

• Yes men encourage it... if I wanna see what a girl really looks like I'll take her to the pool

• For me personally it's not necessary, I prefer girls without makeup. It feel a more natural and also that they're more confident in themselves

• I like girls without makeup.

• it's fine not to wear make up, the right guy will come along and like you for who you are simple ๐Ÿ˜€

• no, only can wear if the girl likes it but I prefer girls with no make up (specially in lips and nails)

• Not true at all. Tbh i find a woman is most beautiful in the mornings with no make up and hair a mess. Completely natural, not at all fake or hiding flaws.

• it's sexy that you don't want to wear makeup as it looks you make natural and beautiful as you are.

• Not necessarily. It's subjective!

• yes, it's okay not wear makeup and it's not true that you need makeup to look pretty.

• Ugly girls need makeup to look pretty.
    Naturally pretty girls don't.

What Girls Said 24

• Yes it's ok. Some people will find you less attractive but who the fuck cares. You don't exist just to please others, so you get to choose how you want to present yourself. I saw a guy strutting in some high ass heels today. Good for him. He walked better in them than I ever could.
    And I spent the day walking around the city without makeup on. As far as I'm concerned nobody batted an eye. And if they did I sure as hell didn't notice because I couldn't care less about what some stranger I'll never meet again thinks.

• Of course it's okay to not wear make up. I feel like I'm constantly told the opposite and some men get super pissy about make up because they think it's deception.

You should do what makes you feel comfortable. If you don't want to wear make up, don't. It's that simple.

• Don't listen to him. It is a thing that exist that is called natural beauty. My senior year in high school I'd experiment with this girls makeup and it's just not for me. Only time I'd wear makeup is for a special day like a photo shoot or my wedding day lol. That's it

• You don't need to care. Guys keep telling me I shouldn't wear makeup. Couldn't care less. I wear makeup because I like to wear makeup. If you don't like to wear makeup, don't. It really isn't anyone else's business but yours.

• You don't have to wear makeup to be pretty, trust me.

• No! I deeply enjoy wearing make up, but if someone is going to love you, they should love you without defined check bones, and fake lashes/mascara. I know not all relationships are like this, but my boyfriend requests that I don't wear make up when I'm with him, cause he would rather see me as me. he tells me a lot I'm gorgeous with out make up and I really appreciate it.

so all in all, I think you should wear make up when YOU want to and not when I guy tells you to, and if you have someone thats telling you, you aren't good enough with out it, then they really shouldn't be in a postion in you life where their opinions matter.

• Ofcourse its okay to not wear make up, you don't have to if you don't want to! it doesn't automatically make someone look pretty.

• Not one bit it's your choice and your preference and make up doesn't make you pretty (unless you're a pro and cake it on) it's just an enhancer

• Wear what makes you feel comfortable! Don't let any guy tell you what you need to do, when you find the right guy he won't care if you wear makeup or not, he'll like you for you. Trust me ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

• Nah boo. Make up is a hobby and a choice over anything, you do you.

• NEED? no... honey you wear make up for yourself, you want to make yourself look a bit different, or smooth your skin, then wear make up.
    What a ridiculous thing to think you need to wear make up to be pretty... heeell no

• you donโ€™t have to wear makeup if you donโ€™t feel like it. Donโ€™t think that anyone will love you any less just because you donโ€™t have a full face. Embrace your natural beauty.

• No, its just an enhancement. I don't wear it and I get told I look good sometimes. Some people don't need it or look better naturally

• yes of course, the beauty is in your soul

• No it is not true. I mean guys like different things. But u don't have to wear makeup to be pretty in a guys eyes. That's stupid. U shouldn't ever change. A guy will like u for u being u. If he want some u to change then... girl move on from that jerk. There is plenty of guys out there that will like u for u.

• yes!!!

• I was called both ugly and pretty without makeup.
    I don't really wear foundation, just mascara and some eyeliner if I'm in the good mood.

And yes, it's ok. It's your face, your choice. :)

• Don't you listen to those bad, bad guys.
    make-up : no make-up. It's your choice. You feel pretty with tons of make-up on, then go cake your face. You feel beautiful without make-up, then rock that bare-face look, hun. It's about self-confidence. And happiness.

• It totally is! Just wash your face instead :)

• No it's not be who you want to be. I never wear makeup and people tell me I'm pretty. Even though I have acne.

• It's definitely okay not to wear makeup, and whoever told you girls need it to be pretty should be slapped.

• No, that's not true. Wear makeup because you like it. Its designed to emphasize beauty. It doesn't *make* anyone pretty. This is very important to remember for you whole life.

• Yup, I do not like makeup actually. It makes a lot of ageing to the skin.

• Absolutely. Sometimes I wish I had more confidence to leave the house without make up.
    The only time I do that is when I go to the gym.