Why do my nails break so easily?

Like I don't even do any strenuous work but they break as soon as they get a bit long.

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• This could be due to deficiency of Keratin (Keratinocytes) in your body, the nutrient that helps our nails, teeth, hair and skin grow. Consuming Keratin rich food will put you back into shape. Cheers. πŸ˜‡πŸ’•

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Can you tell me what are some Keratin rich food?

• Show All
    • Thank you so much for the help πŸ˜™πŸ˜™πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

• My pleasure dear πŸ‘ΌπŸ˜‡πŸ’•

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 21

• They make clear polish that strengthen your nails (it has vitamins). Worth a shot. There are also hair&nail supplements you can buy, with biotin in it.

2|0
    0|0
  • Do you drink enough milk? Are you properly hydrated? Healthy diet? Do you wear fake nails? Are you stressed? Do you know if you're physically healthy such as diseases or whatnot?

My nails were super brittle and hair would fall out. I took one a day vitamins, Biotin 10,000 mcg, and drink a cup of milk every morning. My hair and nails grow faster than ever before.

0|0
    0|0
  • calcium deficiency is the first thing that comes to mind, as a lack of calcium can cause your nails (which are technically bones) to be brittle and easily breakable. have your doc do a test to confirm.

if you've had fake (acrylic or gel) nails in the past, the lack of oxygen can also cause your nails to break.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you moisturizer? I have a friend with really brittle nails and it's because in her job she constantly washing her hands, causing them to dry out. I've also read that bad nails comes down to one of two things too much moisture or too little. So constant washing and drying hands could do that.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try a biotin supplement, it's great for hair and nails :)

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you miss vitamins and calcium.. that's the most common reason

0|0
    0|0
  • Lack of I think it's calcium. It's some vitamin. Maybe D

1|0
    0|0
  • it's you don't drink enough water and ur nails are brittle because of that or it could be other things

0|0
    0|0
  • You can buy vitamins that help. Also eating sweets can help I find.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't eat enough protein.

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably something to do with your diet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Have you tried nail strengthening polish?

0|0
    0|0
  • Could be a vitamin deficiency

0|0
    0|0
  • My nails break all the time i hate it.

1|0
    0|0
  • How is your nutrition? Are you eating healthy?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes I'm eating healthy.

• I don't know then babe. I'm taking capsules with horsetail for better hair, nails and skin. And I can recommend you them.

• Me too. I've heard it could be a symptom of anemia

0|0
    0|0
  • Because you eat unhealthy

0|0
    0|0
  • Put hardener on there

0|0
    0|0
  • Genetics. Some people aren't born with strong nails or thick hair or prefect skin. You get the point

0|0
    0|0
  • you're probably lacking calcium and/or keratin because calcium and keratin are what strengthen your hair, teeth, and nails

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes