My friend dislikes my hairstyle... what should I do?

I originally had a pixie cut for a year, but got tired of it and got box braids (some people may know them as Poetic Justice or Cyber Goth braids; think Zoe Kravitz). I personally like them and that's what matters, but I sent a pic to my friend (I was trying on gowns and needed her opinion on the dress; forgot that she hadn't seen my hair yet) and she took a long time to text back. When she did she was like "your hair... what?" And texted "?" And texted "What is that?" I understand that she knows little to nothing about Caribbean hair (she's white, I'm Jamaican), and I can't force her to like it or anything, but I just feel that there was a better way to express. She's gone through not-so-good looks and I never said "What is that". What should I do?

2011

Most Helpful Guy

• Raise Above The Hate Nefertiti.
    Your friend doesn't have to like your hairstyle she just found it strange and didn't know what to say, you don't have to explain it she'll come around.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Well... she was a bit rude...

You keep your hairstyle if YOU like it. And it sounds like you do, so there ya go.
    Tell her she hurt your feelings by sending that rude text. It's also uneducated as well...
    Make her understand that was not right. That's all you can do.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE