Average breast size in today's culture?

I read that in 1950 the average breast size was a B cup, but that's considered small today. I am a B cup, by the way. Now the average is a D cup.
I think it's mostly due to many women being overweight. 50% of the US is overweight, men and women.
And also because of plastic surgery.
What do you think?
Is B cup small or is this what most women would be if they were a healthy weight and had no implants?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think b's are perfect on a thin athletic or even normal body type. but if I were you I would be happy with what God blessed you with and your body can be sexy and your face can be pretty but only your heart can make you beautiful

What Guys Said 19

• I've read that breast size has increased over the years. But it's not much difference.

An increase in average cup size does not necessarily mean an increase in breast size. I don't know if this has been done with cup size, but it's happened with clothing sizes. I think it's called size creep. The clothing industry uses psychology by resizing clothes. If someone fits a size 7 instead of needing a size 9, it makes the buyer subtly feel better. So they just remark the size.

It happens gradually over time though. So they don't literally take a size 9 and remark it to size 7. My understanding is that over the years there has been a considerable amount of size creep, so sizes today can not be compared to sizes of the past.

• I think a "B" cup can be almost perfect, they're usually nice and perky and will mostly likely never sag.

• Mine are very perky. B cup definitely has advantages.

• Ummmm... very perky are the ones I would love to kiss, lick and suck on!

• if you're not flat or huge, then you're the perfect size since everything in between is attractive. so to call them small doesn't need to have a negative connotation. they may be small but they're still perfectly loveable. i have no idea what the average is but it doesn't matter to me.

• Before I read your question I thought it was C - I agree with your surmising increased plastic surgery, I am not sure if people are heavier or lighter than before just maybe with the observation in the developed world the definition of poverty has changed, years ago poverty would have possibly meant starvation and maybe some emaciation.

• It's because most people are fat.

• I actually like small boobs cause I'm skinny myself
    I never had a thing for big boobs (specially saggy ones)
    p. s all boobs are great.

• Definitely feel it's a "cocktail" of reasons. Ones that you said and possibly others.

• Is awesome.

• Its 100% due to that. I love Bs bs and cs

• 50% of the U. S is overweight? O. o

• It is considered small, but I like B cups regardless if they are considered average or small.

• Bs are perfect to me. I don't like big boobs. I certainly don't like fake boobs.

• All it matters to me is for them be natural. =)

• i prefer a small b, can't stand fake ones

• I'm sorry but no. I have a 34b/c, and I am seriously considering implants. Implants keep their shape when a girl lies down and stuff.

• I think u never had a big one...

• I've see a to dd, been with a beautiful looking women perfect body but her brest where hard as a rock. But its your body to do as you wish, I can always tell when they are enhanced. and I brest are so perfect why risk it?

• Natural are good.

• I don't pay attention on breast sizes, i adjust and like them all , yum

• its fine... I guess..

• WHAT ARE THE LARGEST AND SMALLEST AVERAGE CUP SIZES FOR
    WOMEN IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES AROUND THE WORLD?

Larger than a D cup

- Russia

- Finland

- Norway

- Sweden

D cup

- United States

- Colombia

- Venezuela

- Iceland

- Germany

- Denmark

- Hungary

- Switzerland

A cup

- China

- Japan

- North Korea

- South Korea

- Taiwan

- Mongolia

- Malaysia

- Indonesia

- Sudan

- Kenya

- Nigeria

- Peru

- Bolivia

- Latvia
    www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...breast-sizes-world.html

• Any breast size

What Girls Said 8

• I would define C cup to be the average size, but I don't feel like B cup is that small. Of course it depends on the band size also, since the cup gets bigger the bigger the band size is.

I've always had a big cup size, even though I've gained weight just recently. I used to be closer to underweight than overweight, still having an E cup, now I've bloated to an F cup. I'm not sure, but I think some genetic factors contribute to the cup size, even more than weight.

There was also a chart of average cup sizes throughout the countries, and the Nordic countries (I live in Finland myself) were on the bigger size as well as the US, even though people here aren't that obese in general.

• Cup sizes are not universal and they are not uniform. It's impossible to compare then and now.

• Well I'm 5' 10" weigh 140lbs and a natural 36GG (36JJ and 165lbs at present due to pregnancy) and I'm most certainly not overweight.

• I think from my observation on thin girls average size is around 34c or 36c.

• Well, I'm a C cup and at the same time very slim, so it really just depends on height and weight. It would be difficult to measure the average size because of all the different kinds of women today.

• I'm definitely below average. I'm 20, only 5'0 weighing only 94lbs and I'm an A cup right now

• It's all the hormones and stuff we are being fed. The average size is D-DD but I'm glad I have Cs lol

• What hormones?

• I have always lived in the US though and had whatever hormones that are in food. Why would it effect some women and not others?

• I thought C was average