Guys, do you think it's a decent way to style these leggings?

• Looks good
  • Not very decent, cover up
  • I really love how it looks
    Vote C
  • I want peanut butter and jelly sandvich
    Vote D

78

Most Helpful Guy

• Sure the cloths look nice
    But as long as the bush matches the head, it's good

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• This type of look — high-waisted, fitted, wide waistband, and (especially) color-matching of bottoms + high-heeled shoes, to create one long continuous swath of black/dark color — creates the visual illusion of longer legs.
    It's a prime weapon in the arsenal of SHORTER-legged women who are long in the torso — as a way of "dressing for their body type" and NORMALIZING their proportions.

THIS model, however, is already a leggy woman with a short[er] torso. So, honestly, this look just makes her body seem comically disproportionate. TOO leggy, to the brink of utter ridiculousness.

... Of course, that's the point. These are obviously catalog pictures, meant to sell product.
    The look dooesn't look very good on the MODEL — but, shorter-legged women are going to see these pictures and [correctly] conclude that this kind of outfit will make THEM look leggier, and thus better.
    Which is the REAL point.

If this woman were to wear this outfit on the street, she'd either wear the leggings capri/cropped length, or she'd wear ankle boots in a contrasting color. Which would make her look, y'know, not like an alien from the planet of all legs ahah.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE