Why won't they let me wear makeup?

And by make up, I don't mean the full face of make up like wearing foundation and all that fancy stuff. I just wanted to wear this lipstick that my mom bought for me and I wanna wear these lashes. I asked if I could wear the lashes and they told me know because I'm not an ugly girl and that I don't need it. I'm not exactly self conscious with my appearance at all but I just wanted to switch it up but when I ask they say that I look fine and then they ask if I have a little boyfriend or something. I don't but why is the answer no. Am I too young?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Parents can be strict sometimes. Just put it on when you go out and wash it off before you get home.

1|0
    0|0
    • but what if I'm wearing the lashes? how do i get the glue?

• Just wear mascara. Guys won't know the difference anyway.

• oh well than I don't have to worry about that then. my mom said the mascara is fine but the lashes are a no

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 4

• you aren't too young but maybe they don't want you attracting attention

1|0
    0|0
  • Who told you no?

0|0
    0|0
  • If your parents told so, you are too young. You should listen to your parents.

1|0
    0|0
    • I am going to just listen to whatever they have to say. Maybe they're right.

• lol my mom is the complete opposite, I completely refuse to wear any make up since I'm to lazy to wake up with enough time in the morning to put makeup on. My mom wishes I wore make up, not because I have some ugly birth mark, or something but because she wishes she could buy me make up and stuff. I can tell that my mom was probably a huge makeup fan throughout high school. but maybe in your moms opinion she doesn't want it to appear like your trying to look to mature for your age. But that doesn't make sense to me because I would think 16 Is definitely okay to wear make up. You could try buying your own make up and then putting it on at school.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes