Is it wrong for a 15 year old to wear make-up?

Some people have said I shouldn't wear make up at this age. Is this true? I don't wear it to be fake or anything, I wear it because I like to put it on, I like glittery stuff on my face and sometimes I get a little insecure of my acne. I wear it lightly as well, not very much and not very often. Is this wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

• No it's perfectly fine, if you are using it to perk up your appearance don't go overboard, but please do use it how you want. I had my sister put makeup on me and I put on her, I didn't even try and made her look weird af. When she put it on me I looked like a drag queen. I don't think you would even need makeup for a little acne but if you are feeling insecure about it you can use the makeup and use like a facial cleanser or something, I use like Burts Bees and it is meant for acne and has some mild acid and works great on me

• My acne isn't too bad cus i use gels and stuff but it can get bad and thats when id get insecure. And I wear very light make up its not that noticeable

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I started that at around 13 only to look presentable at different occasions. Overall, don't put it on because of your acne. You have acne because your diet is terrible, and putting on makeup will clog your pores and cause more problems. Lay off the sugar. Properly wash your face, don't scrub it, but light dab at it to pat dry and leave it alone. Love yourself as you are. That is the main thing. People don't want you to be unrealistic. If you overall like it, the do what you do. But never do it because of your acne. Change your habits and I bet you that your acne will disappear. It's not like you have eczema. THEN you have a case.

• Apparently diet's got nothing to do with acne, my doctor said so. My acne's hormonal and I'm on prescribed stuff to help it. I have a routine and stuff. And all my make up is for sensitive skin and is oil free! its much better tbh

What Guys Said 18

• If you enjoy it, nothing wrong with that. If you are just insecure, that's a orientation problem, and almost certainly a baseless concern.

• Okie dokie

• that was supposed to say "that's a potential problem" by the way.. 'orientation' problem could certainly cause some unintended confusion! lol

• It's fine, as long as you don't look like a goddamn chav girl.

• That look doesn't suit me at all lol, i wouldn't even try

• That's good, I still don't know how they are born. I know girls that were very nice in primary school for example then post-high school they turn into these monster

It's scary

• Same. Loads of my friends are turning that way

• back in my time girls started wearing make up in kindergarten

• Wowie. i only started recently

• oh okay good luck, have fun trying on different styles and techniques. Just beware of the perverted schoolboys who'll try to flirt with u. they'll end up using u.

• Yeah, Im lucky that my boyfriend is protective otherwise other guys might do that lol

• I think that's usually the age where most girls start, so I think you're fine. Just don't overdo it tho.

• o it isn't wrong. however she should be taught that less is more. and stickwith eutral colors. no clown faces wanted ever. let alone 15

• Yeah. I only wear light colours and neutral ones

• I dont wear eyeliner but yeah thats basically all i wear

• well Jodie. It sou da like you a ery smart young lady

• nah its not wrong.

• as long as you don't over do it

• Yeah, I dont like heavy make up anyways lol, not on me

• I think if you want to look better than it should be ok it's not like your 12

• Im genuinely turning 16 in two months so if im old enough to get a job i should be old enough to wear make up. like you said, im not 12 lol

• you look awesome good luck on your job

• Normal I would say

• 12, yes. 15, nah.

• absolutely not, until you're wearing for event because at that age skin will be sensitive to avoid skin dieseases avoid as much you can

• no, I don't think so

• as long as your parents are cool with it. go for it.

• No nobody cares besides her parents

• Only light

• obviously no what a stupid question everyone has his or her Choice.

• What? No , even my 6 yo niece already learn how to use make up lol

• 90+% of 15 year old girls do it so I guess it's socially acceptable

What Girls Said 21

• As long as its not to much. Believe it or not there are perverts in this world who prey on young girls who try to look like adult women. It doesn't sound like a good reason but it is. Also, i have been wearing makeup since i was sixteen but nothing heavy until i became an adult, however I never have problems with my skin nor do I get acne or anything. I guess it depends on who you are and what you wear might also factor in. But yeah, not too much

• I dont like wearing too much because i like my skin tone haha

• It's not wrong at all! You're old enough to decide for yourself how you'd like to present your style to the world. I haven't worn a lick of makeup since I was 13 because I'm not able to stick to routines like make up for more than a few days. Nobody wears make up to be fake, don't let anyone make you feel like you can't express yourself. No amount of make up has an age requirement.

• Do what you want.

• No one should wear makeup, unless they have acne that shit ain't fun to look at.

• I'm 18. I don't wear makeup. Most girls my age do. On the contrary you are 15, most girls don't. My advice; It doesn't matter what most girls do at your age. As long as it makes you feel more confident, do it. It isn't wrong at all :)

• No, it is not bad! just wear it properly, ask your mom or an adult woman who can advice you on the small stuff, like wearing the right foundation for your skin color, etc

• Haha, I do it and for the same reasons pretty much although I did learn that maybe glitter isn't my thing

• It's not wrong.

• You can wear it occasionally but it does look bad if you are doing full face make up every single day. It looks cakey too.
    A little bit of lipstain, and eye liner is fine.

• Nope not wrong

• I've seen 13 year olds wear make up but they don't know how much is too much.

• I see absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. I find it very flattering you ask online opinions for input. I'm a mother saying this as well. It's a lot more accepting someone your age wearing it than someoone 12 sneaking it & trying to wipe the evidence away poorly when they get home. Lol

• you are old enough to play your own games with your appearance

• No, acne is awful and I definitely want to cover mine up

• I started wearing a full face of makeup when I was 11 lol. What did that do for me? Make me really really good at makeup lol

• it's okay I started wearing makeup when I was 15

• No, you do what you want

• umm no i started wearing light makeup when i was in like 5th grade

• Do your parents allow you to? If yes, wear it. If not, don't.

• Of course it's not wrong. I wear makeup and I'm in 8th grade. it doesn't really matter if u wanna wear it then wear it.

• I wore makeup when I was your age lol like foundation mascara and eyeliner