Girls, Hair loss along edges?

I'm only 20 but the hair along my hairline is thinning dramatically because I have to wear a very tight bun everyday to work, any advice on what to do?

4

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm going to give you some tips black women use to grow back & preserve our edges. I don't know if you're black or not, but you'll find that following hair care tips from black YouTubers you'll find they use a lot of items that involve natural ingredients and items that aren't harsh on their hair that involve harsh chemicals.

1) Stop wearing tight hair styles. Seriously, don't do anything/too much with your edges because over manipulation is bad over all. Try to find a hair style that's a lot easier on your scalp that will last a while. Find a protective style that works for your hair and your occupation.

2) Spritz with a water mixture like aloe Vera gel + water. rub in a bit of tea tree oil (it's good for stimulating the scalp and is quite anti-bacterial) so the next item won't been too thick and clog your follicles.

3) Rub in black castor oil wish is great for hair growth. Do it day and night for 5-8 minutes.

4) Wrap your hair at night. Sleeping on pillow directly even if they have a case is bad for your hair. Twist your hair (not super tightly) and put it up in a bonnet or a silk scarf.

5) Don't wash your hair too much. Co-wash once a week, and use shampoo maybe once a month, and on your wash days don't be afraid to use a super moisturizing hair mask.

If you don't want to rub in oils separately you should buy an applicator bottle which you can find at Walmart, or a beauty supply store, and mix the peppermint oil, rosemary, tea tree oil, vitamin E oil, vitamin C oil, and the Jamaican black castor oil. Make sure the castor oil you buy doesn't have salt or added scents/ingredients. A good brand of castor oil is this:
    i5.walmartimages.com/.../...349f24bf89d065450.jpeg

• P. S.: Results will take a bit of time, but you will see them.

• Thank you! I'll try these but I have to wear my hair in a very tight slicked back sock bun for work (military) but I'll try these tips out and again thank you so much :)

• If that's the case try using light twists or braids that are gentle on the edges and pin them back gently using hair clips and pin them put instead of adding them to the tight bun.