Is beauty really subjective?

Is it true that if you have two girls standing next to each other, some people will find one girl more attractive than the other, or vise versa? Or can beauty standards be objective sometimes?

28

Most Helpful Guy

• No, beauty is always in the eye of the beholder. Some of the women who pass for beautiful in movies, on tv, or other celebrities leave me cold. My idea of beauty is a young Ann Margaret. Check her out and you'll see what I mean. You don't find many women that beautiful in todays entertainment world.

• do you think that victoria secret models are "hot"?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on what type of beauty you are talking about. In terms of outer beauty or appearance, I think that is subjective as people have different things that appeal to them and depending on what they find 'attractive' they will be drawn towards that person. However, i think that beauty becomes objective when talking about inner beauty. I think if a person sees another person do a really lovely thing, such as helping an elderly person carry their heavy grocery bags, open the door for another person or things like picking up rubbish and throwing it in the bin, we can all agree that that person is somewhat attractive and then we translate this into beauty.