Is it bad that I wear makeup whenever I leave the house because of my acne?

I'm so self conscious and I can't deal with people staring at my face. Is there any tips people may have on what I can do to prevent my acne from getting worse with makeup?

Also I can't do anything to get rid of it because it's hormonal, so it comes and goes as it pleases.

106

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a feeling you know how to take care of your face, and that make up will only clog it up more. You got all that on lock down, you just gotta learn to be comfortable with these things though. If you wanna wear make up do it, but just take a few times to go out buck bare, it doesn't have to rule your life. That's my opinion anyways

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Honey, I feel you. I had the same exact problem when I was younger & would NEVER leave the house without at least foundation on. I barley get acne now, & when I do (around that time of the month), I'll get a temporary dark spot. But I don't even care anymore I go without makeup all the the time.

Do you have visible pimples, or dark spots? Or both? I've had years of figuring out this skincare thing lol.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I've got dark spots, white spots, and visible pimples :( ... I'm glad someone understands!

• I'm late to responding haha. But what works for me is using the Clean & Clear Morning Burst facial wash (I sometimes like to let it sit on my face for a bit). The African Black Soap Bar from Shea Moisture worked good too... and it's cheap lol. To exfoliate, i always use baking soda every other day or few days!!! It's super cheap & it helps fade the appearance of dark spots!! And for moisturizing I LOVE Ponds dark spot correcting cream & coconut oil! Honestly for me, exfoliating & moisturizing is KEY to get a good skin tone & to help with marks. Only use coconut when you've washed your face at night & you're about to go to sleep by the way.

• Remember, those products worked for me, but every face is different. Also, hormonal factors may have to do with it as well, depending on your age.

Hope this heped!!! Because trust me, girl I feel you. The struggle was real!!! I had a lot more tips & tricks to say but it was too long to send :( but feel free to message me if you'd like! No judgement here ❤