Job interview dress attire? What's Yay or Nay for you? What's a must dress code for a guy and / or a girl?

Do you consider slacks and a nice button up with dress shoes too informal for a guy? Job interview dress attire? What's Yay or Nay for you? What's a must dress code for a guy and / or a girl??

• Has to be a suit / tie... full formal for girls
    Vote A
  • Can be business casual, shirt slacks etc
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the position. What will be the setting on a daily basis? If it's a business/office posituon then definitely a suit and tie. If it's at a store then a casual buttoned shirt will do.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on the job.

0|0
    0|0
  • formal is better

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• It depends on the job. Where I work if you're an analyst you really should be showing up in a suit. If you're a programmer the non suit might be okay. We have some jobs in the middle. Showing up in a non suit would tell us "I'm not ready to be in front of a client yet".

0|1
    0|0
    • I had an engineering interview a couple of weeks ago. I feel like business casual... nice shirt and slacks... dress shoes... and maybe a tie might be sufficient, unless your job is I'm banking, investment, client face-to-face oriented stuff.

I've heard of times when they'd expect you to dress a different way prior to the interview... so you have some idea. I know software guys don't give a crap as long as you know your shit. Thanks for the answer bro

• for a man, a decent collared shirt and slacks for most unless its a high end job that requires a suit.

for a woman, i really dont know, but i hear clevage might help.

0|0
    0|0
  • I didn't vote because there is no title... I will go in a suit or in construction boots.. Depending on what I'm doing that day.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on the job, if it's an office position is say shirt a tie but if it's for McDonald's then a collared shirt will do

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I always go with a suit on, unless the interview has specifically stated whatkind of attire you should have.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes