Job interview dress attire? What's Yay or Nay for you? What's a must dress code for a guy and / or a girl?

Do you consider slacks and a nice button up with dress shoes too informal for a guy? Job interview dress attire? What's Yay or Nay for you? What's a must dress code for a guy and / or a girl??
  • Has to be a suit / tie... full formal for girls
    Vote A
  • Can be business casual, shirt slacks etc
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the position. What will be the setting on a daily basis? If it's a business/office posituon then definitely a suit and tie. If it's at a store then a casual buttoned shirt will do.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• Depends on the job.

0|0
    0|0
  • formal is better

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• It depends on the job. Where I work if you're an analyst you really should be showing up in a suit. If you're a programmer the non suit might be okay. We have some jobs in the middle. Showing up in a non suit would tell us "I'm not ready to be in front of a client yet".

0|1
    0|0
    • I had an engineering interview a couple of weeks ago. I feel like business casual... nice shirt and slacks... dress shoes... and maybe a tie might be sufficient, unless your job is I'm banking, investment, client face-to-face oriented stuff.

I've heard of times when they'd expect you to dress a different way prior to the interview... so you have some idea. I know software guys don't give a crap as long as you know your shit. Thanks for the answer bro

• I didn't vote because there is no title... I will go in a suit or in construction boots.. Depending on what I'm doing that day.

0|0
    0|0
  • for a man, a decent collared shirt and slacks for most unless its a high end job that requires a suit.

for a woman, i really dont know, but i hear clevage might help.

0|0
    0|0
  • depends on the job, if it's an office position is say shirt a tie but if it's for McDonald's then a collared shirt will do

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I always go with a suit on, unless the interview has specifically stated whatkind of attire you should have.

0|0
    0|0
  • For guys a tuxedo and for girls a ball gown.

0|0
    0|0
  • I walk in wearing my clothes, shows who I am and what I am about. If the company cannot provide suitable attire for the workplace then I'm out. Came into this world with a hard hit.

Never listen to my advice!

0|1
    0|0
  • You always want to look as professional as possible, you never know what you're walking in to, or exactly what job they'll give you. You just want to be prepared so always business formal, this means suit and tie for men... and either dress pants or a knee length skirt and blouse that doesn't show a lot of cleavage. You're in a place of business, not the bar

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes