Is this an insult and what do you think?

I remember when I was on Candid, I showed pictures of myself and people did nothing but call em ugly and disgusting looking. I know some were tolls but not all. As you can tell, that didn;t help with the self-esteem issues I have.
However, when I told people that I don't wear makeup, some changed their turn and called people okay looking and decent looking.
I don't wear makeup because I think that is like lying to people. I don't look like the girl with the bold eyeliner I look like the girl who hasn't slept well in three days.
What do you think?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Candid and sites like it are specifically out there for people to be cruel while hiding behind the mask of anonymity.

You could post a photo of a victoria's secret model on there and you'd have people complaining about their flaws and saying "2/10 would not bang".

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• When I wear makeup I don't think I'm lying to people. I mean you can tell what I really look like even with all the powder and color.

I wear it to look nice, not to trick people into thinking that I'm "extremely beautiful".

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• The only time when makeup is lyin is when it goes into that contouring ish.. Basically spending more than 2 hours on makeup to give themselves a smooth, doll like look.. But I don't think in general makeup is lyin, it's more like an enhancement of the features.. But, I guess they saw that you didn't wear makeup, and thought "well okay, she looks okay then I thought she had makeup on lookin like that".. That was probably their mindset... I guess.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would say that you shouldn't pay attention to them.

And neither you should look for compliments online, as a matter of speaking.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• You can use a little makeup to enhance your features just don't wear too much. Mascara and a good lipstick isn't very deceiving.

1|0
    0|0
  • 1. I don't think makeup is lying.. People know we weren't born with gold shimmery eye lids. 2. I don't agree with people bashing anyone or calling them. You have to be conscious of your decisions. If you asked them or put your pictures up you are giving them an open door to air their opinion. I'm not saying people should be mean/ rude just for the hell of it and that you have to accept it , but if you don't want people's opinion then don't put yourself out there. Or at least prepare yourself for what some idiot may say. Brush your shoulders off and keep it pushing.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea it is

1|0
    0|0
  • nah not insult just the truth lollol

0|0
    3|0

Recommended myTakes