How do I stop literally smelling like Dirt?

So when I come home from work I'm absolutely covered in Dirt, the first hting I do when I come home is either shower or eat depending on how hungry I am. But it doesn't matter how much soap I use, after I shower I smell like a mixture of Dirt and Soap. It goes away eventually but by that time I'm headed to bed and it starts again in the morning, really the only time I don't smell like that is on the weekends cause its faded by then

0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I wonder if the smell is just up your nose. Have you ever tried a sinus rinse?

1|1
    0|0
    • no but the dirt does get into my nose and ears.
      like any cue tip I use will have dirt on it

• Try the sinus rinse. Full disclosure: it feels terrible but you feel better afterwards. It is a bit expensive because you have to buy the kit, but my allergies are so much better when I use it. NeilMed is what I use. They've got a squeeze bottle or a gravity teapot like thing. I prefer the former (because I got a kit for free at my doctor's office. Hurray for free samples!)

• The smell might just be in your nose. Try sniffing coffee beans, and see if it helps. Coffee naturally cleanses the nasal palate.

1|2
    0|0

Most Helpful Guys

• A lot of it is often are own perception - A mechanic thinks the smell motor oil, a chef the smell of a kitchen - After a shower and change of clothes I doubt anyone else would notice plus the other answers about maybe the lasting aroma of dirt is in your nose seems valid

1|1
    0|0
  • It's your nose, I used to landscape and I'd get the mulch smell all over me

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 4

• Sometimes you may find that the smell you smell is actually lodged in your nose, and your body doesn't smell the way you think. It may be an idea to get a second opinion.

0|2
    0|0
  • Try a better brand of soap or do a better job scrubbing. Wash your sheets more often. You're probably getting your sheets dirty and only reabsorbing the smell.

0|1
    0|0
  • I agree with most of the other opinions. Your olifactory nerves got used to that smell so much. Might wanna try using colognes.

0|2
    0|0
  • Maybe something dirty is inside your nose causing that smell?

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes