How do I stop literally smelling like Dirt?

So when I come home from work I'm absolutely covered in Dirt, the first hting I do when I come home is either shower or eat depending on how hungry I am. But it doesn't matter how much soap I use, after I shower I smell like a mixture of Dirt and Soap. It goes away eventually but by that time I'm headed to bed and it starts again in the morning, really the only time I don't smell like that is on the weekends cause its faded by then

26

Most Helpful Girls

• I wonder if the smell is just up your nose. Have you ever tried a sinus rinse?

• no but the dirt does get into my nose and ears.
      like any cue tip I use will have dirt on it

• Try the sinus rinse. Full disclosure: it feels terrible but you feel better afterwards. It is a bit expensive because you have to buy the kit, but my allergies are so much better when I use it. NeilMed is what I use. They've got a squeeze bottle or a gravity teapot like thing. I prefer the former (because I got a kit for free at my doctor's office. Hurray for free samples!)

• The smell might just be in your nose. Try sniffing coffee beans, and see if it helps. Coffee naturally cleanses the nasal palate.

Most Helpful Guys

• A lot of it is often are own perception - A mechanic thinks the smell motor oil, a chef the smell of a kitchen - After a shower and change of clothes I doubt anyone else would notice plus the other answers about maybe the lasting aroma of dirt is in your nose seems valid

• It's your nose, I used to landscape and I'd get the mulch smell all over me