What should I say to my parents?

so I've had dreadlocks for 5 months now, and at first my family didn't like it but then they got over it. now my family is dealing with a death in the family. so my mom is now crying "over my dreadlocks" and she says my dreadlocks "make her sad" which is a total exaggeration. I think she's using my hair as an excuse. my dad wants me to take them out. but I don't want to, it's MY hair. I'm always getting told what to do when it comes to my appearance, and my tired of it. I LOVE the way my dreadlocks are beginning to form. maybe I should just get them retwisted so they look a little neater? cause I'm doing freeform. what should I tell my parents? taking out my dreads isn't an option because 1. its MY hair. 2. honestly I'm tired of trying to make others happy and me not be happy in the end.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• You can’t please all of the people all of the time. It is impossible to live up to everyone’s expectations so there is no point in burning yourself out trying to do so. Just make sure that one of the people you please is yourself!

People are entitled to think whatever they want, just as you are entitled to think what you want. What people think of you cannot change who you are or what you are worth, unless you allow them to.

This is your life to live. At the end of the day you are the only person who needs to approve of your own choices.

1|0
    0|0
    • “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.” – Lao Tzu

• It’s important to recognize that someone’s opinion is often based on what they would do. This alone is the problem. What is best for somebody else, can be the worst thing for you. What one person considers garbage can be another person’s treasure. We are all so unique. Only you know what is right for you.

• You could remind them, you love them just as much with dreads as with a shaved head or any other hair style.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes