Do you wear a belt with your pants/shorts?

I was recently talking with my friends and we got into a conversation if we wear a belt or not. I thought that most people would wear a belt but it turns out I was the only one out of 6 people who wears a belt. This got me thinking whether or not wearing a belt is old-fashioned or not. I don't know about all of you but whenever I go somewhere without my belt on (even if the pants/shorts fit fine) I feel very weird without it

• Yes I wear a belt
  • No I don't wear a belt

66

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to go to a school that required everybody to wear a belt with our shirt tucked in. I got used to it and now I always wear a leather belt with short shorts or jeans. My clothes don't feel right on me if I'm not wearing a belt, even if they fit just fine

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Clothes you wear dictate need for a belt. I only wear a belt when dressing up in a suit (wearing a suit to work is required for my job) and as suit trousers are styled to hang from waistline they get cinched with one to keep them in place. Jeans, on the other hand, fit around the hips, stay snugly in place, and are most comfortable just left beltless. Would feel weird to loop sleek glossy belt styled for tailored suit around a rugged pair of blue jeans, so always wear Levis 501s and other jeans without any belt on.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE