Being skinny? Why?

I want to be skinny so bad, I'm basically starving myself and I feel guilty for it.. I'm hungry constantly but I've already lost weight and look better. I only eat a very small breakfast, which nothing else all day.. opinions?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been underweight most of my life (naturally) it's not all that trust me. People think your some kind of skeleton or something and at one point someone actually reported me to my school's health office because they really thought I had an eating disorder (never did). I'm finally in the healthy range and I actually have boob, hips, and a regular period now (that's right at seventeen I am essentially re-entering puberty lol). Moral of the story: you don't want to be too skinny. See a dietitian, work out, BE HEALTHY!

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Agree completely, I've also developed completely but before I had one waiter who brought me extra food cuz I was anorexic and the other didn't let me use the bathroom since he thought I was bulimic, and in fact at that time I was trying to gain weight (I wasn't even that bad --> 168cm, 46.5 kg, I'm pretty much still the same now)

Anyways girl please stop doing what you're doing, I bet you're perfectly fine. Also please maybe go to a therapist or doctor because this seems like the start of anorexia. Please ask for help and stop destroying your body.

• How did you gain weight?

• @burntgold I was seeing and dietitian because I have a chronic illness and she gave me foods to manage my illness and to gain weight (I was 94 pounds at 5'7 because of the illness). So I started working out (mostly small weights, muscle things) and eating more carbs and protein. As she suggested and now I'm at 125 pounds whereas I was always in the 105-113 range even before becoming ill.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• If you like to be lean and also love food, lift! It's fun, it'll pack curves on your frame in all the right places, and you'll be able to eat all the healthy delicious food you want. If you want some examples of gorgeous, lean, beautiful women (NOT BULKY), I can point you in the right direction

0|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't starve yourself. I've been under weight all my life and it really effects things. Finding a date is harder, people notice your bones and call you out on it, you look sickly or ill half the time, and you just feel weaker when you don't eat. Being skinny isn't worth it. I'm trying to gain weight. No girl wants to date a skeleton and most guys don't want to be dating one either. Guys love when women eat. We think it's awesome when a girl chows down on some food.

0|0
    0|0
  • If that is you in the picture you don't look fat. Also it's not healthy to eat that small amounts and your not getting the nutrients you need and it's more damaging than you think. Your mostly losing muscle and not fat anyway.

0|0
    0|0
  • Look better? You're going to look way worse. Just wasting away all that precious muscle

Guna look like lose jiggly skin and bones. The infamous skinny fat! That everyone despises

So NO, not better. Way worse
    Id suggest you stop

0|0
    0|0
  • The look you want to go for is not to be skinny, but to be toned.

This means exercising rather than starving yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 7

• Hun, being skinny is one thing. But make sure you are healthy. That is not good if you are starving to look skinny but you are hungry. I think no matter your size you should be happy. Please eat. There are other ways to lose weight. You can try dieting like having salads with protein, cutting your sugar intake and carbs. Also lightly exercise like walking or running. Don't starve yourself to feel beautiful. You can get serious health issues if you continue.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate social media who show us anorexia girls and tell us what is "beautiful" , which body type is perfect. That is bullshit! I don't like what you're doing, curvy, fat, celulite that's not important just be yourself you are not prettier and the boys will not love you more if you have just bones. Dogs play with bones, real men love it wiggle lol

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree with you, except for the part about "dogs play with bones", as someone who was skinny shamed their entire life and still struggles gaining weight I just hate that phrase. Us skinny girls are also insecure :/

• When you starve yourself, you're making yourself weaker because your body starts eating away at muscle when it needs energy, NOT fat. The best way is to eat while watching your calorie count and having healthy snacks in the middle of not having meals.

0|0
    0|0
  • Starving yourself will make you skinnier. HOWEVER.

Starving is kinda like... pressing down a spring! If you refuse to feed your body, pressing down your body's energy to look thinner, when you decide it's cool to go back to eating a little more, you'll get more fast much faster. Weight whiplash! It would be better to eat a good amount of HEALTHY foods, that would put less weight on. Try talking to a doctor about foods that won't add too much fat. Exercising on top of that might help even more!

0|0
    0|0
  • First off if, the pic girl in the picture is you you look beautiful just the way you are I like your curves!!
    Second, starving yourself is not gonna work. you're just gonna gain the weight back the second you start eating again.
    Third the proper way to lose weight is just to eat right and work out a little.
    Are used to be 145 pounds and I didn't like the way I looked so I started working out and eating a better and just watch my carbs, and I lost weight now and 130 and I love it. I still have my curves but I'm more lean and I look better.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes