Being skinny? Why?

I want to be skinny so bad, I'm basically starving myself and I feel guilty for it.. I'm hungry constantly but I've already lost weight and look better. I only eat a very small breakfast, which nothing else all day.. opinions?

815

Most Helpful Girl

• I've been underweight most of my life (naturally) it's not all that trust me. People think your some kind of skeleton or something and at one point someone actually reported me to my school's health office because they really thought I had an eating disorder (never did). I'm finally in the healthy range and I actually have boob, hips, and a regular period now (that's right at seventeen I am essentially re-entering puberty lol). Moral of the story: you don't want to be too skinny. See a dietitian, work out, BE HEALTHY!

• Agree completely, I've also developed completely but before I had one waiter who brought me extra food cuz I was anorexic and the other didn't let me use the bathroom since he thought I was bulimic, and in fact at that time I was trying to gain weight (I wasn't even that bad --> 168cm, 46.5 kg, I'm pretty much still the same now)

Anyways girl please stop doing what you're doing, I bet you're perfectly fine. Also please maybe go to a therapist or doctor because this seems like the start of anorexia. Please ask for help and stop destroying your body.

• How did you gain weight?

• @burntgold I was seeing and dietitian because I have a chronic illness and she gave me foods to manage my illness and to gain weight (I was 94 pounds at 5'7 because of the illness). So I started working out (mostly small weights, muscle things) and eating more carbs and protein. As she suggested and now I'm at 125 pounds whereas I was always in the 105-113 range even before becoming ill.