A girl told me "You'd look hotter if you dressed older", How?

I'm 20.. so is she.

She has/had a boyfriend..

She just said it as we were all meeting up before going out, I don't remember the whole conversation but another girl was on about what I wear, and then the first girl said 'yeah, you'd look really hot if you dressed older'..

I usually just wear Old Skools, black skinny jeans and a t shirt, maybe a jumper or a shirt over a t-shirt on a night out..

What does she mean by 'dress older'?
On of the guys joked 'yeah just go for a full suit and tie', and the girl just said 'no no, like just if you dressed older, it would look really good on you, it would suit you'..

Does she mean dress more preppy/mature?
How can I dress older?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Something casual or semi-formal. Like button-downs tucked in your pants, or a sweater (and you can push the sleeves up three-quarters), brogue shoes or a nice pair of leather boots, silver watch, a clean cut.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Change out your skinny jeans for well-fitted slim ones, wear collared shirts and when you wear that button down over a tee - button that sucker up. Make sure the sleeves are rolled too

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• Maybe becse you dress like an angsty 16 year old?

0|1
    0|0
    • Ouch but kind of true

• Sorry my girlfriend is always smacking me for being too brutally honest to people

What Guys Said 4

• As in dress in button up shirts and in slacks or dress pants.

U probably dress in tees and shorts most of the time.

0|0
    0|1
  • Wear stuff like more formal shirts maybe somecargo shorts to go along with the shirt

0|0
    0|0
    • Cargo shorts are definitely not recommended. One-way ticket to dressing like a twelve-year old

• That is opinion not a fact

• So? That's true, but it's a very, very common one and that's all that matters. I mean, the idea that some clothes make you look childish or mature at all is nothing but opinion, but here we are.

• Collard shirt with slacks or something in GQ

0|0
    0|0
  • Sweaters, formal shirts, maybe some classic shoes

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes