Should I take this piercing out? Is it infected or is this just a bump?

I've his piercing for 3 months now. It has gotten infected once before however I cleaned it twice a day and it went away in a week however this time around it seems like it's not going away. there are no signs of puss or blood coming from the piercing & it is not sore or painful to touch it. it's just a bump. I've done research and discovered that it is not safe to take an infected belly piercing out because then infection could get trapped inside of your skin. I have been using a non iodized sea salt soak for 2 days now ( I soak it twice a day) and I dont think I've seen anything gettin better. It looks the same way as it did the first day. What should I do? The picture with the "ring" around my belly is the picture I took today after I used a shot glass to soak it. The other picture is the 1st picture I took of the bump. And They just look the same 😫 . Should I take this piercing out? Is it infected or is this just a bump?Should I take this piercing out? Is it infected or is this just a bump?
  • Take it out since it's not infected.
    Vote A
  • Keep it in because it's infected & continue to care for it with the sea salt soaks.
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think its best to take it off for a while and apply antiseptics or something and give ur belly air so it breathes and doesn't grow more bacteria

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I have one. Don't take it out. Doesn't look that bad. Normal in the beginning... mine looked similar in the beginning. But was only few weeks till it looked better

0|0
    0|0
    • Yea I agree with you, I'm not gonna take it out, it's probably just a keloid I think I'm gonna continue to care for it with the sea salt soaks and leave it alone. Thank you so much

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• the upper one is infected... so u better take it out

0|0
    1|0
  • Looks terrible

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• The worse thing you can do is take it out. I got mine done in February this year. I cleaned it twice a day with sea salt solution. But after a month or so it looked slight discoloured and had a small bump. I freaked out so when I went back to the piercing place to get my industrial done I showed it to her. She said it was fine that it sometimes happens and to continue with the sea salt soaks. Now my bellybutton piercing is fine. Get a shot glass and put some of the sea salt solution into it. And just hold it over the piercing for about 10 to 15 minutes. Hopefully it’ll be fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Take it out

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes