Lasik eye surgery?

I've needed to wear glasses since i was little. i wouldn't mind contacts however... an optometrist said id have to wear glaesses for a year first. well i hate wesring glasses because they are concave and thick. and maybe if they were cuter maybe but... and i haven't tried contactd. honestly not sure if there will be a prescription for me. so how do i qualify for lasik eye surgery bedides the price? i wanna get it done.

15

Most Helpful Guy

• My buddy got a PhD in eye biophysics. I knew his advisor pretty well and we used to talk about LASIK. This is what she told me: " there's not an eye doctor I know that will let their kids get LASIK surgery." Why? Because you can scar the eye permanently in a way that cannot be corrected.

Furthermore, it is a waste of time because your eye will change anyway due to presbyopia which LASIK cannot correct. So, all LASIK is, if all goes well, is a way to avoid wearing glasses for a few years.

Save your eyes and wear glasses if you need vision correction.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• My cousin had laser eye surgery I think back in 2007-2010 or something and she loved it. Also a friend of mine got it about 2009 and she loves it too. I wanted it but I can't because I have autoimmune disorder and also I have really bad eyesight

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE