What do you think about school dress code?

I think it's bullshit for the most part unless girls are dressing like straight up sluts

• Its bullshit let people dress how they want
    Vote A
  • Its fine
    Vote B
  • Other
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• We have never had a dress code, but obviously it's frowned upon, if you come to school half naked. But I think most people have enough common sense not to, so a dress code isn't needed. It would be neat to have a school uniform though, so I wouldn't have to figure out what to wear to school.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• It's fine because it helps students focus on school rather than what they have on... but tbh people are gonna care about what they have on regardless... but also it saves parents money when they only have a few colors to wear... In terms of helping anything after high school it does nothing for that. Because I can wear whatever the hell I wanna wear to work and wherever I go.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I went to catholic school so even on days where you could get a free pass to wear what you wanted, it was still quite restricted. People with a dress code who don't have uniforms should be grateful because you still get to express yourself. Dress code just helps students to learn what is appropriate and to learn responsibility. Dressing the wrong way in some professions is a big no no, so learning while in school should be a lesson well learned.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's complete bullshit. I've been to private school before and I always thought it's ridiculous. Like why can't they let everyone dress how they want? How come there are Americans against freedom of expression?

1|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 6

• Here it was meant as a way poorer kids could come to school as well dressed as richer kids but then our schools got to big for their boots insisting on expensive blazers that could be bought only from the schools

0|0
    0|0
  • I think schools should be entirely free to decide if they want to enforce a dress code or not. I've never had a problem with it, either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • at least you can wear casual clothes in america in aus we have to wear set uniforms that are uncomfortable as hell

0|0
    0|0
  • Had it both ways. Don't really give a damn. It really isn't that hard to follow.

0|0
    0|0
  • We wore uniforms and there was no issues really.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes