How do I accept that I'm not pretty?

I know that everyone is beautiful in their own way. I see beauty in everyone and everything. I see beauty in all females. But me, I have a nice eye color. That's it. I've been bullied all my life, especially in high school. Most people agree that I'm an ugly girl. My therapist tells me different but that's her job. Life is horrible when I'm unattractive. I have no control over it. I can't do anything to fix myself. I'm a slim girl, long neck. I have a figure that some girls want. Most people say I'm too skinny. But if i gain weight, it wouldn't make a difference. I have a raggedy face. I remember one time in my life where I had very nice hair and I was complimented on it a lot. People started calling me beautiful. But I promise you, it was just the hair. This one girl reminded me that I'm ugly. She saw my brother and thought he was handsome. She said I looked nothing like him. We have different dads. A lot more people treated me like I was worthy during this period. But she only liked pretty girls. And every thing I touched, she would wipe off before using it. She liked girls like kylie jenner, stacey dash, laura london, ashley from Fresh Prince. And she made me feel so low. She knew she looked better than all of my coworkers and one time, we invited her out and she said she would have to go home first to get ready. And i said, are you going to try to look better than all of us? And she said, all of you guys? Lol. I already do. A lot of the customers gave her better treatment and called her pretty a lot. And she had secret admirers that visited her on shift. It made me jealous. But I just don't want to worry about this bs anymore. How do I just come to terms with the way i look?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel so sorry for you. Your situation is so painful. That girl is a total minging cow. Listen, maybe you are not the best looking ever but you still need to see your worth. There are a lot of girls that get so much guy attention and are seen as so beautiful who are technically average because of their attitude and accomplishments. You need to figure out the best hair for yourself, best clothes, you need to build your confidence by setting goals and achieving them. You need to talk to more people, develop a sense of humour, and make lots of guy friends. A lot of girls who are average looking get guys because the guys find them fun to be around, notice nice things about them (you said you had a nice figure!) and then their male love instincts turn them into a goddess in their head. I am not talking about every guy, just a lot of guys. Your main issue with that total cow is that YOU BELIEVE SHE IS BETTER THAN YOU. She therefore has power over your emotions, your actions, etc. Remember Eleanor Roosevelt said that nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. Even though you don't look like a model, you will have so many other qualities to bring out and show people. It sounds like this minger girl is your main issue. Get past her. You can do it.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It'll be easier if you have other quality traits and skills to fall back on. Just knowing that you're working on yourself can already make you feel good as it gives you a sense of control and productivity.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• You want to be OK with this, but at the moment you are not, which is the problem. It takes time to accept that. Do something to distract you then focus on your career or something before you know it, someone who see you got a beautiful personality will be with you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Improve what you can, and find someone who has really weird tastes that match what you look like.

0|0
    0|0
  • True beauty isn't seen, it's felt. Same goes for ugliness. You are not ugly, you just feel ugly. Therefore your perception of yourself is such.
    I won't sugar coat it or pretend to say you're beautiful without even seeing you or knowing you. You know you don't need to hear it from me or anyone else here. The person you need to have calling you beautiful is yourself. Deep down I think you know it.

It's hard battling insecurity. Especially when you've had it your whole life, because you feel it's literally apart of who you are.
    I can't offer much in words of sentiment and ease, but I can't offer one thing.
    Wake up each day, look at yourself in the mirror for a whole 60 seconds, telling yourself you are beautiful. The 1st few weeks will be hard, however as time comes to past, you will see yourself in a new light.
    Do that and I can promise a change.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a good judge of beauty post your pic and I will let you know if you have something on the ball

0|0
    0|0
    • I already know the verdict. I just want to come to terms with it. Your opinion won't change anything.

• It would make you feel better because I'm a outstanding judge of beauty I'm very picky and with my influence you can change your thought process

• Rate yourself out of 10

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• I think you are being way too harsh on yourself to be honest. I doubt it's as bad as you make it out to be.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes