Ladies, how did you learn to answer these questions about shopping?

Like, is it too skin-revealing?
Not revealing enough?
Does it flatter my figure?
Should I do something to cover up the cleavage?
Do I look better in this colour or that one?Ladies, how did you learn to answer these questions about shopping??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Its mostly affected but what you were taught by your parents, friends, media, and peers and how it makes you feel.

0|1
    0|0
    • What things would friends and peers say that helped you out?

• Show All
    • Also the comments others make about how we look make a large impact. The reason you don't say a girl looks fat is not because the will get mad, or its mean. It because girls will take drastic measures to make sure no one else says that. So our friends provide second sets of eyes to help us find flattering clothes and media is supposed to show us a realistic idea on how we should pair our clothes. I had a friend that completely changed her entire wardrobe because the guy she liked didn't like her style. Those are extreme cases. But what you say does have a large impact.

• I hope you follow my profile so we can message each other about this.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• When I was younger I would go shopping with friends and ask them all those questions. More recently, I pick whatever I think looks good, because I have increased self-esteem and my boyfriend helped give me more body confidence.

0|1
    0|0
    • I am so happy to hear you have increased self esteem. How did your boyfriend help?

What were some of the things your friends said that really stuck in your head?

• Show All
    • Good luck!

• A part of me always wants to learn how to understand these questions and give the best answers to them. Like understanding how clothes fit a woman's body the right way in case she has doubts.

• It's the same answer for all of these questions: My overly critical mother.

2|1
    0|0
  • Well, the only people who ask me these questions are my family and friends who are picking out clothes in front of me. Even the guys will ask if it looks smart or too revealing etc.

I learned by just giving my honest opinion. I will never lie. If it looks off, I'll tell you and tell you why and what else you can get as an alternative.

I tend to prefer to shop for my own clothes alone because it's easier to focus on what I'm doing

0|1
    0|0
  • I read books when i was younger and headed warnings of my parents telling me to put more clothes on

0|1
    0|0
    • What kinds of books were yhey?

• Show All
    • Go to the library, that's where i go!

• Good idea.

• how I learn to answer that all question , its is shyness never remove, if so that question not effect much.

1|0
    0|0
  • I ask my friends or fiance if it looks ok.

0|1
    0|0
  • personal experience and advice of friends

0|1
    0|0
  • It all depends on what it is

0|0
    0|0
  • I look at the mirrior in the fitting room, or ask my sister, or just check it with my hand by holding it up towards the light

0|1
    0|0

Recommended myTakes