I want to wear things I like to school, but I'm scared, help?

I've got this long skirt that I love and a leather jacket too, and I want to wear them to school but I'm afraid of looking weird or "not being able to pull it off".
What should I do?
Ik this sounds pathetic but I really don't have a lot of confidence..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• There is nothing more appealing than a girl who stands out from the crowd! You do you girl:)

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• You won't look weird. Wear whatever you want, who cares what others will be thinking? You can't live your whole life trying to please other people

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• Just wear what's comfortable to you. Don't let others tell you different. You rock that skirt and leather jacket gurl! I believe in you

1|0
    0|0
  • Go for it. Don't worry about "pulling it off", just work your style

1|0
    0|0
  • Just wear what you want to wear

1|0
    0|0
  • A long skirt and a jacket to highschool, just cut the skirt to a micro and take the sleeves off the jacket you will fit right it.
    TBH Modest in women is very attracted to the right kind of guys. No one is really fassionalbe so just wear what you like.

1|0
    0|0
  • I actually LOVE that you wanna wear what you like and not be like everyone else. :) It's tough because the biggest thing that you need is confidence, and you said you're lacking in that. I guess all you can really do is wear it, and tell yourself that you look good and not worry about what other people say.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I know what you mean...
    What I did in high school was I'd wear everything as I usually did and introduce a new item - like the skirt you're talking about... And then in a couple of days the skirt and a different shirt... and the next week on Tuesday the whole outfit... so it's gradual and you feel more comfortable in it as a whole.

1|0
    0|0
  • I cannot stress this enough, WEAR WHAT YOU LIKE. You only have one life, is what you wear harming someone or hindering anyone else's life? No? Then wear it. You'll no doubt look amazing and wearing things you like will help you gain confidence. Don't worry about what others think, you might even be surprised to see that others will like what you've chosen to wear.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fuck those people, as long as u think it looks good then you shouldn't care what other people think of

1|0
    0|0
  • Girl you do you, wear it with confidence and people will like it.
    My style is very 60s and 70s which were kind of odd times in fashion and makeup. The first time I wore 60's makeup to school I also felt kind of self conscious. Yeah some people give me dirty looks when I dress like that, some people love it, all that matters is that I like it and it makes me happy. So girl you do you. Anytime I see people dress a little more out there I think "wow they are so confident and unique". Even if people hate, it's your life!

1|0
    0|0
  • That's not true. It really doesn't matter.

1|0
    0|0
  • if you like it wear it.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes