Girls, Time to become acne free?

I've got an event coming up soon and need my face to be 100% zit free.
How long does it take to get a nice clean face?

Imagine you just indulged in one of your favourite treats. The zits are going to appear, you just know. But how long can it personally take you to get your face nice and clear again?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Drink a lot a lot a lot of water, it's good asf for ur skin and overall health. If u can, buy tea tree oil to apply onto blemishes it rlly helps zap them away. Also DONT TOUCH YOUR FACE OR PICK AT ACNE. Make sure to wash your face when you wake up and before you go to bed, and don't skip out of moisturizer. Eating green and avoiding dairy will also help u. Get enough sleep! Good luck :)

• How much water do you drink?

• I am so glad you mentioned tea tree oil. I brought some and the results are 10 times better than any benzyl peroxide cream has ever done for me. They're coming up and fading away so fast. And no, I'm not popping. Popping leaves a red blemish for ages.

• I'm glad I could be helpful :) acne sucks

What Girls Said 20

• It has a LOT to do with your diet, when i lost weight by eating better my skin also became clear and i wasn't even expecting it. Drink lots of water and cut out all junk food, eat clean.

• Cut out sweets drink more water exercise and make sure to at least cleanse tone moisturize and exfoliate twice per week wear sunscreen and do either a mask or sheet mask at least twice per week. Do all this according to your skin type and don't forget to eat fish since that has omega three that helps skin

• If it's a really important event, I'd suggest seeing a dermatologist and asking them for a light treatment which will clear your skin for a short period. Using home products will only do so much.

• Buy Differin.

It is the only thing that has really worked for me consistently. It is gentle and great.

I use lemon juice+apple cider vinegar for INSTANT spot treatment, but be careful. I also got a chemical burn from trying to cover too much area. Only use directly on zits.

• These both work really quickly. I noticed within a couple of days.

• It's the consumption of junk that's my problem. I need to lay off the sweets and wait it out, but I've never deliberately waited before.
      Clear skin is attainable, since I've done it in the past, however I wasn't facing a 2-week deadline.

• That really depends on why you have acne in the first place. If it's hormonal acne, which is most likely if you really are between 25-29, then the only guarantee of absolute clear skin is menopause.

• Junk food. Hormones aren't my problem except the odd zit.

• Because your body hates you and wants you to suffer and be ugly. Unless you're allergic to sugar or oil, in which case that's a normal intolerance reaction.

• No allergies here. Not even bee stings.

• It really depends on your oils and how you are taking care of your skin from the outside in. So there is no time because some people last years and others just momentarily.

• I stopped using foundation and other make up on my face except eyeliner and mascara. I noticed that the zits were actually an allergic reaction to the make up as professional acne treatments didn’t work for me. My skin has been clear for months now that I stopped using foundation and I just use cosmetic wipes to clean my face at night.

• I have noticed that makeup isn't exactly zit-friendly.

• *helpful in avoiding zits.

• I've gotten professional acne treatment and still had it for five years. It varies for each person, I guess. Like the level of oil your face produces and how efficiently it cleans itself.

• Visit at dermatologist. And you can leave fries and sugar. And drink 2l of water. :D Make up off every night. :) that's from experience, because your body responds at what you eat and how you live.:* I hope I helped you.:) Good luck!

• Drink lots of water.. Eat foods like Cucumbers and Pickles that will help you retain water. Wash your face in the shower using your hands. No towel! & keep your hand away from your face.

• It takes me about three days. This is my routine. Of course, just because these products work for me don't necessarily mean they will work for everyone.

AM: splash face with cold water and go.
    PM:
    cleanse with gentle CeraVe cleanser.
    Exfoliate with stridex pads (red box).
    Moisturize (even if you have oily skin) with Dr. Lin gel (for sale on Amazon and on his website)
    Finish with some rose hip seed oil.

Once a week:
    Apply a mud mask

• I don't know I've never really worried about acne because I rarely get a pimple, my face is always clear

• How? What do you eat? What do you wash your face with?

• I don't eat too much greasy/oily foods, I don't use make-up, and I wipe my face off when it starts getting oily (I use plain water to clean my face by the way and also just try to find ways to stay a little more stress free because stress is one of the main factors that cause pimples)

• 1 week

• Depends on how much you have. Avoid greasy food, wash your face and hair.

• duac once daily clindamycin + anhydrous benzoyl peroxide work overnight completely gets rid of spots doesn't scar. only problem it causes dryness so a moisturizer will help

• I suggest that you visit a good dermatologist and use anything suggested. I can't give time frame.

• Just personal experience with getting zit-free would be great.

• That's the personal experience from anyone I know who had zits.

• Use garlic and tea tree on the breakout

• Best thing to do is get something to prevent it.

• Cut out dairy, meat and junk foods. Eat fruits, veggies and drinks lots of vegetable smoothies and water. Cleanse daily and apply tea tree mass or lotions.

• I tried that once. All it did was give me explosive diarrhea.

• Very, very little.

• @Astoriana I have pork, chicken or steak once a day. Only dairy is with cereal for breakfast.

• How soon? If you are able to cut out dairy for a few weeks that will help heaps! 😊

• I have two weeks to get rid of the zits.

• Strawberries...

• Yeah, natural sugar! 😊