Is this too much to wear on a first date?

I like this romper but I've heard that if you dress too trendy on a first date, it shows that you're trying too hard and I don't want to give off that impression... So should I wear it or not? He didn't tell me where we were going lol.
And if I shouldn't wear it, what type of outfit would you recommend me to wear instead? Thanks!! :)

226

What Guys Said 6

• Forget nonsense like that. Be yourself. If you like it, wear it. You want to be with the person who likes your style. Really, guys don't think much about this. We're like "Wow, cute!" if you make any effort.

• Perfection does it come in black? Always dark colors bringing out the color if your eyes

• Just wear what you normally would wear. But for the rest, the outfit looks really nice!

• Cute

• As a man I would rather you be real about what you like.

• Just be yourself. You want someone who's going to like you for you.

What Girls Said 22

• If he's planning on something adventurous... a dress will be a huge hindrance!
    I say play it safe for the first date - especially if you don't know where you're going - pants will be your best friend...

• Butt if he were to take me out to lunch, would this outfit be okay in that case?

• Yeah, why not...

• No it's cute 👍

• It's adorable! You'll be a doll! Go for it^^

• I think it's cute.
    Also since when is dressing nicely linked to trying hard?

• I'm not sure it's just something my friends would say and wasn't sure if this outfit was too much for a lunch setting. Thanks for the answer :)

• I wear what I want 👌🏻

Better to be overdressed than underdressed

• No it's not too much but just add a jean jacket to tone it down a bit so it look more causal. That what i would recommend but it up to u

• Where are you going?

• He didn't exactly tell me where but I have a feeling it's out to lunch

• I think that would be just fine

• I think it's a really cute dress 👍🏻 I would wear it on a first date

• That's really cute !!! That's my style everyday. I dress trendy. I'm not trying to hard it's just my style

• it's cute! Just wear a leather jacket over top though, or something to tone it down just a little!

• I like it

• Well that's rather sexy..

• I don't think so. If you feel cute in it... WEAR IT!

• no, and that dress is super cute :)

• first of all, killer style! and second, if it makes you comfortable and more confident, who is anyone to try and stop you or say its too much? go all out, make a first impression and own that outfit! you got this ;)

• You should wear it, it's cute.

• I'd wear it, it looks really cute

• Thats not too trendy. And, it doesn't show your trying too hard when you wear trendy clothes.

• Jeans and a t shirt

• Wear whatever the fuck you want. Wtf

• It looks great. He'll I would wear it.

• Yeah it's I think it's a little to much but I don't think you should listen to us if you like that outfit go with it plus I don't what else to tell you to wear