Is it ok to wear a denim jacket to a wedding?

My boyfriends mum is getting married next week, I have my outfit ready shown below and did a practice run for my hair and makeup and showed my boyfriend. He says that the denim jacket will make me look very out of place, that I should wear a cardigan. The only cardigans I have are black and will make it look like I'm going to a funeral in my opinion. The denim jacket isn't distressed or anything it is just a plain dark denim jacket that I'd only be wearing if I get cold...

I have opted for a cardigan and going to wear the jacket to lunch and dinner the day before the wedding

2315

Most Helpful Guy

• No it's inappropriate people are in tuxes dresses and suits not casual wear

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I am wearing a dress... jacket is to get to and from, won't be worn in the ceremony or dinner as I said

• Then yeah go ahead doesn't matter then

Most Helpful Girl

• your boyfriend is right... get rid of that denim jacket and go for the cardigan

or you can still wear a nice cute decorative scarf or not simply wear the dress alone? and spice up the outfit with some jewelry

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • As I said in the post I wouldn't be wearing the jacket during the ceremony. It'll be to go to and from as we are going on a boat to get there.

• yea but the cardigan /scarf will be a better option