What ate your thoughts on tattoos and body mods?

(yes the picture is me and im not asking what you think of mine specifically, and yes i have more) What ate your thoughts on tattoos and body mods?

229

What Girls Said 22

• Overall, both are very cool, unique ways of expressing yourself.
    I think tattoos are awesome, especially when they are done right. A sloppy tattoo doesn't look good on anyone. Some things people decide to get tattooed, I find pretty stupid. But I try not judge too much because it's their body, not mine.
    Body mods on the other hand, I am not so fond of. Mainly because I hate needles and I'm pretty squeamish so the really extreme ones make me cringe.
    Your tattoos look great! Can I ask, what is the quote you have on your chest?

• On my chest i have "there is a place where even a misfit fits" i wrote the quote myself and its heavily influenced by the song 'island of the misfit boy' by front porch step

• I like it!

• Thanks, its a very personal tattoo, like most of mine

• I like tattoos I have one and plan to get more they are wearable art as far as I'm concerned. I'm not a fan of face tattoos though mainly cause I feel that limits job prospects. A few piercings are ok but, once you crack double digit numbers it's excessive can't say tons on metal on a person is a good look. I know a lot of people that have regretted gauging their ears afterwards cause the way they look a when you take out the rings.

• I stretched my ear as well but npt a lot, i took it out and its like little scar nothing bad really. Cinda like it

• I think they're great. Freedom of expression and all that. Just make sure it's what you want and that it goes along with the kind of job you want in the future. I have a few friends that regret piercings and tattoos because no one will hire them.

• I can cover all mine with long clothes and im working towards a more creative job anyways, im not worried about myself

• I didn't mean you as you personally haha. I just mean anyone who reads it kind of a general consensus. Sorry for the confusion.

• Haha no worries

• I think tattoos can be super hot but only when the person who has them has the right type of body to have them & they just have to look good on the person. Some tattoos just don’t look good on people. Ya know?

• Definitely makes sense

• Like for instance, Jai Brooks, Luke Brooks. They look great with tattoos. Beau Brooks, James Yammouni and kinda Daniel Sahyounie look kinda iffy with them.

• Tattoos can be really hot, body mods too but don't go too overboard. It can get overwhelming, especially the body mods thing.

• I’m not a fan personally but do what you like. 👍

• I think most tattoos are ugly, especially colored tattoos on light skin. The only ones I can think of that aren't ugly are the tribal ones Samoans get.

• Can't complain about them 😏 They're pretty cool & a bit sexy. Just don't go overboard & look like a guy that would belong in a freak show lol

• I love tattoos, I just got a few last Saturday and I want more.

• You never get the urge to get a new tattoo as hard as right after you've gotten one

• I mean I’ve been wanting a tattoo for the past like three or so years lol I got 3 on Saturday. Now that I’ve started I want to finish ASAP. My text is gonna be a big piece on my entire back

• Tattoos and bodymod is lovely. It's a form of self expression and appreaciation. So it's a little expensive and it hurts a little, but it stays there, it's asking someone to draw on you with all your trust. I personally have a stick and poke and have gone through various piercings and crazy hair... just do what you want, it's your body, you don't need to explain, if you like it, then great, that's what I always say... also, it doesn't need to have a deeper meaning (my stick and poke is there because I was bored at 4am a few years ago and I was like... huh...)

• I love them personally.

• Tattoos are a complete turn off for me.

• I personally love tattoos.

• Tattoos are sexy body mods don't go to crazy it can be a turn off 😓😅

• When does it become a turn off? I have 3 piercings 1 in each nippel and 1 under my lip. I used to have a stretch in my ear (nothing too big) but i took it out

• I haven't counted mine in a long time, but the only thing that matters is how many more i can get

• True 😎☺

• i don't like them

• I can do a few piercings and MINIMAL tattoos. I just love the natural look and texture of skin.

• I've always liked tattoos and piercings. Especially on guys lol

• Hate em

• I like tatoos but nipple piercings seem like a bad idea to me. But if you want in, be my guest

• I happen to find them attractive on men (and women for that matter).

• I am so turned off by them. Sorry

• Not good. 99.999999% look like jail house tattoos or that a child drew on their skin. Gauges, bull, nipple, and tongue rings are also gross. It looks 10000 times worse on females

What Guys Said 9

• Well, it certainly depends on the person who has the tattoos. An individual who is representing his or her tribe as an ancient tradition and cultural norm is quite a bit more understandable than the self absorbed westerner hipster that once to be "special".

If it works for you, awesome. At the end of the day, I could give too shits about your superficial representation of "permanence" that could immediately be changed due to even just a few seconds of an epiphany or experience.

We are ever changing, we don't need these marking to prove shit. To ourselves, or others. But that is just me...

You could be covered in tats, and I will still hug you, listen to you, and share myself with you. I just think that it is a foolish display of insecurity in more instances than not.

But why should you give a shit what I think. Seriously? Especially regarding your personal decisions.

• I don't mind them (not just because I get paid to do the job), but because I find it as a form of expression. Just because someone isn't talking there's a lot that you can learn from their tattoos.

• Depends on what the tattoo is off, piercings are cool but not keen on strechers

• Tattoos can be cool, but obviously it depends on the tattoo, not too into body mods, small piercings are fine

• Obviously depends on the type of mods but most of the time I love them

• GROSS

• I think it's your life. Some tatts are real dope

• Depends on the tattoo itself but I personally think they're cool.
    I would surely love to have one

• I'm cool if they're relatively modest