Do you believe that people are beautiful in their own way?

I hear people say this all the time yet only so many people actually believe this. Are people really beautiful in their own way? Is beauty really subjective? Is what's beautiful and ugly completely back and white?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• 100%. Sometimes what makes someone beautiful are attributes that would normally be deemed ugly. But because its unique to them, its a beautiful thing. Like a stutter.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• "Beauty is in the eye of beholder", dude. Beauty is perceived by the mind, and most of the times is about the presence and the energy reflected by the person. The body aspect is just a small part of the ecuation. The way a person talks, behaves, treats other people, his/her lifestyle, maybe the stories as well.. these makes a person beautiful or not. Smart, cute, relaxed, joyful - these are part of beauty as well.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 5

• I try to remember that but you know I bump into people that really makes it hard to remind myself of the beauty.

But this one helps, this guy said that if you knew everyone personally, if you know them like 100% you would love them. Just like your family loves you, even when you piss them off.

0|0
    0|0
  • I totally believe this. There are different reasons people find things beautiful. Not everyone thinks beauty is strictly looks or strictly personality, its just such a wide spectrum that everyone falls into it in some place or another or has some reason they feel beautiful or someone else might perceive them that way and not everyone's reason is the same.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, because beauty is subjective, and different people find different things "beautiful". This could be either inner or outer beauty.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Beauty is soooo subjective.

0|0
    0|0
  • No they are not

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Life lesson: Absolutely nothing is black and white, everything has complexity.

When it comes to beauty, think of it on kind of spectrum, from things people nearly universally agree are attractive (proper proportions, healthy weight, proper hygiene), all the way to the small subjective aspects of the way a person looks that may not matter to one but may make all the difference to another.

So is everyone beautiful in their own way? Yeah, to someone, I'm sure they are.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, of course not, but the only people being told this are ugly people, so let's just let them believe it, and not try to take it away from them, okay?

0|0
    0|1
  • Its not completely black & white, but I don't believe that everyone is beautiful in their own way either.

I think it is easily observable that we don't all have the same degree of sex appeal. To me, this implies that there is at least a moderate amount of agreement on which people are attractive and which ones are not.

That said, there is probably more agreement on which people are ugly than there is on which people are attractive.

The difference between ok and hot can be subjective at times, but the difference between ugly and ok is usually a lot more black & white.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes