Did your hair grow more after a trim?

I've been growing my hair out for a little bit and every time i go in for a trim and my cousin (who cuts my hair) and knows how i only want a little cut goes in and havks off way too fkn much but it really were a trim would it work to grow my hair. My hair is color damaged and thick in the roots while thhe ends are thinner from the damage. should i just wait another year.Did your hair grow more after a trim??

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes because you hair grows out the end of you hair and so when you trim it you get rid of old hair that is blocking growth

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Your hair grows from the roots. After it comes out of your scalp, it’s dead cells. If you want to grow your hair out, use biotin. Buy shampoo and conditioner with biotin in it (nisim fast is a good one), or buy biotin tablets and crush them up into powder then shake them into your conditioner and shampoo. I did this and my hair started growing at a much faster rate. Instead of getting a 1/4” a month, I’ve grown almost an inch a month which I really love. I haven’t gotten my hair cut in almost a year and a half, and it’s grown what I would get in 4 years in only 1.5 years

Although thrims help get rid of split ends, but it’ll take way longer to grow it out longer than if you don’t cut it at all and use a biotin based shampoo and conditioner

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

What Girls Said 19

• If you don’t cut off damaged ends, the hair will split all the way up to the root and break off. Someone needs to trim it. It’ll grow at the same rate, but you won’t retain length. Have you ever considered cutting your own hair? I learned because of hairdressers who would cut instead of trim. It’s free, and you can only be mad at yourself if it turns out wrong.

1|0
    0|0
  • Your hair grows the same amount. But it seems like it slows down or stops going when you have dead ends cause the hair breaks at the end. So when you get it trimmed it seems like its growing faster until those dead ends come back.
    So wash your hair ever few days. Stop using heat on your hair. Apply product to your ends to keep them healthy. Then also vitamins help. Prenatal vitamins really help when growing out your hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only trim spit ends, I do it at home, because of the cost. Because spilt hairs won't grow healthy. 😔 I'd just hold off on color for awhile or color once more all one color then no more color for a few years that's what I did growing my hair out.

0|0
    0|0
    • But I think the color change looks kinda sweet anyway 👌

• Oh gosh got to a most expensive hairdresser what kind of hair is that🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

0|0
    1|0
    • Its my hair ok and its not bad I don't know why you're trolling

• Show All
    • I know you are cause only a troll would write mean things for only their satisfaction. Your comment is litterally a b! tches comment and nothing else. Not respectful, helpful, or meant well. It doesn't bug me too much cause i know better than to listen to you but others who dont have as much self respect or confidence wouldn't be so wise and its a shame.

• Lol you can't even insult properly

• Well the whole thing about hair growing faster after a trim is actually a myth. Since your hair grows from the roots cutting it doesn't change the rate it grows at, it only makes the hair look healthier (since you get rid of split ends) and shorter. Also split ends can make hair break off making the hair shorter than an actual trim, which is why people created this myth.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know wether you should cut it or wait a year, but hair doesn't grow more when you cut it, it just looks like that because it's shorter.
    fx if your hair goes to your shoulders, it's easier to notice when it grows, but if reaches your waist, it can look like it never grows.
    does that make sense?

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a myth that your hair will grow more after you cut the split ends off, although you need to because it's unhealthy hair and you need to cut them off.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's the damaged ends that make your hair seem less longer and unhealthy. It starts to get very thin near the end and keeps getting thinner if you continue not to trim it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most people cut way too much off. If you keep cutting it won't get super long. You can't see all of my hair in my picture, but usually I just trim split ends myself that way it grows long it's a bit past my waist. You really can't screw it up bc you are cutting just a tiny bit so you won't even look like you've cut your hair.

When I go to the salon I tell them to trim and I tell them this exactly, "Just trim the ends. I do NOT want to even be able to tell I've gotten a hair cut. .5 inch or less." You have to be very direct bc if you don't they will get scissor happy and slaughter your poor hair off

1|0
    0|0
    • You should stop washing your hair with shampoo and probably co wash for awhile to get it healthy again. There is no need to wack it all off

• That’s actually a myth. You’re hair grows at the same rates it’s just more visible because the ends of your hair are healthy and stop breaking.

0|0
    0|0
  • My hair suffers from color damage too. I trim it when the ends start to split.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. That's a myth. Your hair grows from the roots, so what you do to your ends doesn't change how it grows from the roots.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. You’re hair grows faster after a trim because it removes the split ends.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sugar bear gummies

0|0
    0|0
    • Youve tried them?

• Theyre so advertised i dont know whether to actually trust them.

• Yeah I actually got the three month I think because it came with a hair brush and I thought hey if it doesn't work at least I got the brush. I feel like it more so helped my hair from shedding all the time.. but it definitely got a little longer. The most shocking is what it does to your nails! Usually when I takes acrylics off my nails are paper thin but these puppies were strong and healthy. If I were you I'd try the 3 month supply because I felt that it was just long enough to see results but not so much that if it didn't work I wasted a ton of $

• Yes it grew like crazy

0|0
    0|0
  • No it grows the same

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, always did

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes...

0|0
    0|0