Did she do it for the right, or should I just go to a different salon next time?

(I decided to color my hair for the first time. I wanted change, and I was into the color Platinum Silver.
I guess you can look at is as a very blonde/white color.
MY GOAL was to get my whole hair colored like that. My natural hair color is a dirty blonde.
I got into the salon, and I told the lady what I was wanting to do with my hair. I showed her pictures, and she mentioned how the girls had highlights. I look at the picture again, but their full hair was the color I was going for. The hairstylist literally talked me out of getting my hair highlighted instead. She looked at me, and she mentioned that I basically shouldn't.

I kind of looked at her confused, and I was a bit frustrated at first. During the hair process, I thought to myself maybe it was best to get highlights. I'm still thinking to myself that I wanted my whole hair to be that color. Was that wrong of her to do that? It was my choice.

I about got up and left, but I was being very indecisive at the moment.
( Check out my profile picture to see my new hair. )

10