Is a therapist allowed to talk about fashion and clothing with a client?

So I am transgendered male to female and I like to talk about fashion and clothing. I am trying to find a therapist who could help me work with possibly transitioning. I also want a therapist who is willing to let me talk about what I want to talk about. I want to talk about fashion with a therapist as it is helpful when I talk about fashion because it is a topic that I love to talk about and it makes me happy talking about it. So far I haven't been able to find one therapist who is willing to talk about fashion and help me transition. I am so unhappy being a man and I want to become a woman. Someone told me that therapists aren't allowed to talk about fashion and clothing with a patient. I don't know if its true or not. Are you able to talk about fashion with a therapist? Would there be any therapists out there that is willing to talk about fashion and help me transition?

43

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely, they are allowed to talk about whatever you wanna talk about! My brother's best friend spoke with a therapist who actually took her shopping and they talked about how it felt to change her wardrobe around :)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Hell my therapist wanted me to smoke a joint with her cause she found out I was smoking weed from time to time. They can talk about whatever if it's gonna help you. They know what they're doing so don't be scared to talk about anything you want. You pay for it anyway.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE