How often do you shampoo your hair?

how often do you shampoo your hair?Earlier I used to daily but now it's in every 2-3 days cause I read somewhere that using shampoo daily increases hairfall😬

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Twice a week

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 19

• Daily but I have to cause I just got a perm. My hair now dries out very quickly.. I have to keep conditioner in my hair. So I use conditioner and skip shampoo. I use shampoo every other day.

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually every 4-5 days. My hair never got greasy very quickly and I bleach it almost white these days. Bleached hair gets greasy even slower because the damaged hair soaks up the grease as it's so dry and thirsty, so it's better for my hair if I leave it a little longer. Washing more often also causes a lot of fading for my new hair colour and I like to preserve it as much as I can.

0|1
    0|0
  • 7 days a week because i have really thick course hair, and if i don't wash my hair it gets really knotty. And takes like an hour to brush.

0|1
    0|0
    • I have the same issue, but I just use a leave in conditioner and it helps keep it detangled!

• 1-2 times a week. I have thick waist length hair, and it doesn't really get oilym

0|1
    0|0
  • Every other day. It doesn't increase hair fall, per se, it just makes the hair oilier faster, resulting in potential hair loss.

0|1
    0|0
  • Every other day or everyday, depends on how oily my hair gets and what I've been doing.

0|1
    0|0
  • I wash mine 6 days a week, that's how often I workout.

0|1
    0|0
  • Once a week. My hair is very dry so more than that just isn't good for it.

1|0
    0|0
  • At most twice or thrice a week

0|1
    0|0
  • Usually every other day.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have thick curly hair. Once a week for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Every other day.

0|1
    0|0
  • Every other day

0|1
    0|0
  • Every month.

0|1
    0|0
  • Every two days

0|1
    0|0
  • Every other day

0|1
    0|0
  • Two weeks

0|1
    0|0
  • I never shampoo. I wash with baking soda.

0|1
    0|0
  • 2-3 days a week. I try to avoid washing my hair that often because it damages it and it makes it dry.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• 3 times a week. Yes chemicals in shampoo affect the hair when used daily.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have really long hair so I usually do it once every 1-2 weeks

0|1
    0|0
  • I rarely shampoo my hair it usually doesn't need it unless I'm playing around in dirt.

0|1
    0|0
  • Twice a week.

0|1
    0|0
  • Every alternate days

0|1
    0|0
  • Rarely I barely do.

0|1
    0|0
  • Every day

0|1
    0|0
  • Daily

0|1
    0|0
  • 3 times a week

0|1
    0|0
  • 5 days a week

0|1
    0|0
  • You can wash your hair daily as long as you use a tiny amount of shampoo and plenty of water.

But, it is important to clarify some points:

‣ Only pharmaceutical shampoos with active molecules may have an impact on hair follicles and overall on the scalp. More specifically, regarding AGA (Androgenetic Aloipecia) per se, only the Ketoconazole 2% shampoo has shown hair growth effect, even if it is not officially approved by FDA for use on ΑGΑ.

‣ No other active molecule found in pharmaceutical or common shampoos has been found to exert a positive action on ΑGΑ (e. g Selenium, Pyrithione zinc etc). Nevertheless and given that sometimes other entities coexist with AGA, such as dermatitis, seborrhea, severe exfoliation, it may be necessary to include an additional pharmaceutical shampoo, which however should be clearly presented to the patient as a product with no hair growth action, but only adjunctive support.

‣ No substance or special additive found in common shampoos bears any hair growth potential, because according to the law, cosmetics are not allowed to contain active/therapeutic molecules. Any other claims by manufacturers are just lies.1

‣ In addition, contact time of any common shampoo with the scalp is too short for any cosmetic ingredient (non-pharmaceutical ) to act on the dermal papilla (hair root). This detail should be pointed out to the AGA-affected patient, because almost all patients with AGA, and mostly women , think that a treatment for hair loss ought to include a “special shampoo”. This conception is due to patients’ ignorance and misinformation delivered by frauds, who sell shampoos to desperate AA/FPHL patients, promising that will allegedly give them “thicker/richer hair”.2

‣ Some patients report -and occasionally insist- on strange findings: for example that they started using a shampoo and suddenly their hair loss stopped or decreased or their hair grew back up, etc. No common shampoo grows hair, or stops hair loss and no common shampoo can act on the dermal papilla. Hair loss deterioration may happen when changing shampoos but it has nothing to do with the hair follicle. It mainly happens to patients with dandruff, who should be prepared for a temporary hair loss 3 that may be caused due to the increased exfoliation associated with the use of pharmaceutical shampoos.

0|1
    0|0
    • 4 This phenomenon is not related to increased hair loss but to shedding of telogen hair that were attached to “scabs” and were eventually removed upon use of the shampoo, thus temporarily increasing hair loss (pseudo-shedding).5

‣ Some patients will insist that there is this special shampoo helping them grow more hair and that another is making their hair fall. These phenomena are just circumstantial and the patient has made time and etiological correlations between an increased hair loss or growth (which was … meant to happen anyway) with the use of a particular shampoo. The doctor must explain to the patient what shampoos can and cannot do. This way, the patient will be protected by “devious experts”.

• Show All
    • 1. Kligman AM, Freeman B. History of baldness. From magic to medicine. ClinDermatol. 1988 Oct-Dec;6(4):83-8

2. Kupferschmidt K. Alternative medicine. Scourge of snake oil salesmen bids an early farewell. Science. 2011 Aug 5;333(6043):687

3. Alexander S. Loss of hair and dandruff. Br J Dermatol. 1967 Oct;79(10):549-52

4. Piérard-Franchimont C, Goffin V, Henry F, Uhoda I, Braham C, Piérard GE. Nudging hair shedding by antidandruff shampoos. A comparison of 1% ketoconazole, 1% piroctone olamine and 1% zinc pyrithione formulations. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2002 Oct;24(5):249-56

5. Gruber JV, Bouldin L, Lou K. Can a topical scalp treatment reduce hair bulb extraction? J Cosmet Sci. 2007 Jul-Aug;58(4):369-74

6. Wickline MM. Prevention and treatment of acute radiation dermatitis: a literature review. Oncol Nurs Forum. 2004 MarApr;31(2):237-47

7. Satchell AC, Saurajen A, Bell C, Barnetson RS. Treatment of dandruff with 5% tea tree oil shampoo. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002 Dec;47(6):852-5

• thanks a lot "being a good Indian"

Recommended myTakes