Girls, When is it appropriate to wear "less" clothing?

A few weeks ago my friend had a summer party and invited her friends and some couples. It was a pool, slip n slide, BBQ party. The party started mid afternoon and some of the girls (not all) were casually topless as if it wasn't an issue. There wasn't anything weird or odd going on at the party, minimal drinking. No one was "drunk" Just a friend gathering.

So I'm curious. Do you think it's appropriate to wear less clothing in a certain environment? Is being topless not as big of a deal anymore?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• Men the media have over specialized breasts to the point we think like this when most Europeans have no problem with woman being topless. As Americans we have a problem with topless woman even though guys show there nipples all the time with no consequence. I'm not trying to be all feminist or anything just showing how there is a double standard. If your friends were at a backyard pool party and they felt comfortable enough to go topless good for them maybe they didn't want tan lines or cause it was a group of friends it doesn't matter. I wouldn't say being topless isn't a big deal but, in certain social settings like said party people feel more comfortable to do it around friends and not be chastised or in trouble with the law. As for wearing less clothing everyone can make up their own minds what they feel comfortable with they shouldn't have to check with masses to see if it's ok.

• Really good answer! I don't think anyone at the party felt uncomfortable. No one even talked about it there or after. I actually thought highly of them for doing something that was outside the norm and being themselves. We are planning another party this weekend depending on the weather. Do you think it needs to be discussed prior?

• There was another party this weekend and it went well!

• Glad to hear