Junior clothing?

I'm from the UK and am confused by "junior" clothing when I've looked on American clothing sites.
Here children's clothes are sized by age and normally go up to Age 13 (sometimes age 16) and then most girls start wearing small women's sizes like UK 6 or 8 when they're around mid teens so the same as a small sized woman of 50 could wear.

What actually are Junior sizes? I am a UK size10 mostly (so US size 8 I think) so could I wear Junior sizes or are they like teenage 13 year old clothes?

21

Most Helpful Girl

• Juniors clothing (the odd numbers) is cut more child and teenager cut so its more straight cut. Womens clothing sizes (the even numbers) are cut more curvy so they are bigger in the bust and hip areas. I wear a small in womens but would need an L or XL in juniors to fit my boobs into.

Now with my UK and European clothing I also have to buy a size or two up bc an American small is bigger than a uk small. I would say size wise that uk clothing is cut similar to us junior sizes.

In calvin Klein I wear a small while in uk brands like save the queen or karen millen I need a large. Also need a medium or large in italian made brands like roberto cavalli, dolce, miss sixty, and gucci. So.. that should give you an idea