Do guys realize how much effort girls put into getting their attention?

I want to know if guys realize how much effort we put into shit when we like them. We pick out our outfits... do our make up, and put on perfume and all this crap... not that we don't wear make up normally but like we up our game purposely for them if we really like them. Some guys are so clueless...

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it's because women do this anyway usually so it's become "normal". So when we see you looking nice, we notice, we just don't realize that it's special for us (ie, we think you probably would have done it anyway). But, of course there are specific circumstances like a date, and yes you're right, some guys just take it for granted.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I so agree with you lol. I would “cute myself up” for just the 7 minutes I was in my crush’s store.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• Most of a girls' effort is in her fucking head... In reality they sit back thinking its still the 1700's, whilst maintaining cultural attitudes of "21st century emancipation" - all the while pouting their lips to a another god awful selfie, staring blankly/awkwardly at the poor sap who thinks he's chatting her up... And then when she is interested, she thinks that by making subtle hints and gestures entitles her to have the guy gushing all over her, like an emotional lapdog.

0|0
    2|0
    • Nah. I've told guys outright after having amazing sex with them that I'm into them. That's not subtle. I've had men ignore me (I'm not gross or ugly or horrible) because of hot women pouting on instagram because it's what men respond to. But, oh, no, men also insult those women. So, you can't win. If men want women to be direct and clear, it would be nice if whenever women were direct and clear the men didn't 1. run for the hills 2. say "you're crazy" 3. stop writing/calling etc. etc. etc. etc.

• Show All
    • @Starlight79
      Hey well look, I was ok with leaving it there but you replied again. Yup, anonymous internet exchange it is, but never the less I thought the whole point of this was to exchange ideas/opinions? Views can change, but what you even admitted to, is negating my views in order create a one-sided sense of superiority, this in itself is both childish and intellectually (and emotionally!) weak. Talking of which, your absurdly low levels of intelligence and not just intellect, are further undermining you; you infer that emotional reasoning is superior to logical reasoning, as if the two do not work in symbiotic relationship (assuming the human in question is of sound mind); moreover you then claim - like a deranged, hypergamic feminazi - that logical reasoning is rooted in some sort of patriarchal gender bias, used to beat women over their proverbial heads?

• @Starlight79
      All your doing is using semi-veiled insults to undermine what it is that I am saying, and like a childish, intellectually incapable/irresponsible fool, you are simply fueling my beliefs (based on life experiences and general observations) even more. Your own admission to the fact that you cannot respond to me reasonably, without the unnecessary excesses of emotionally-driven rhetorical drivel, should tell you that it is now time to stop making a fool of yourself; but no doubt you do not have sufficient self-awareness to do so. Ironically, if you re-read what I've written so far, you'll see that men like me encourage women, wholeheartedly, to engage us on a more emotionally mature (thus the ability to reason, rather than throw your toys out of the pram) level. Any angst or "anger" guys like me have, is not that we can't get laid or that we think all women are she-devils, but that centuries of pussy-pedestalling has enabled and perpetuated your women's' childlike stasis...

• So, what you're saying is you girls dress up nice to get attention from guys? Got it. Now I won't feel so bad for checking out all the hot girls because I now know they're dressing up for me. Thanks for the clarification.

0|0
    1|0
    • Not for random guys smh

• I do this for woman too! I dress sharp, gel up my hair, keep my facial hair trimmed well, fingernails on point, use lip balm, wear expensive colognes, accessorize, etc. Except women don't approach men, so what are you lamenting? The fact that men aren't approaching you? Maybe you should give more hints or clearer signs, or maybe, just maybe, approach and start a friendly conversation and see where it leads.

I agree though. Most of us are clueless. Heheheh.

0|0
    0|0
  • Blame feminism for making guys feel like creeps for even glancing over. Believe it or not you get witches who act like walking victims, if a guy even looks their way their sour faces screw up and they start labelling them creeps. Some women are weirdos and they ruin it for the normals

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah we’re pretty clueless, it’s not that we don’t notice, but we just don’t know what it means or that it’s intended for us. That’s a really sweet thing to do though

0|0
    0|0
  • b-but i thought girls only dress for themselves not for guys...

0|2
    0|0
    • Most of the time. I wear make up for myself, i dress like a badass bitch for myself. But if i want to get noticed by someone, i change certain things about my look, like i purposely wear certain colors or make my eyes pop more. It's not much different than dressing for yourself in my opinion, your wearing things that make you feel confident in and your style just tweaking it.. it would be different if i was wearing something i hated wearing to impress a guy. I'd never do that.

• Yes, but for the clothes, for the makeup, well really often it's too much.

And sometimes it's really well done, so much that when you see her without makeup you're turn off.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not this guy, I'm about as oblivious as they come when a girl is flirting with me. realistically though, most guys aren't worth the effort if they don't notice you for just being you. Don't change for attention. I'm sure your awesomeness stands out on its own

0|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion , we don't care about such things. If you like a boy or anyone just go and tell him. It is as simple as that. If you want a real love then it is the best way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Trust me I do. They get so frustrated that they may even go as far as saying they don't care for a guys attention anymore. Desperation is a human thing. Same with guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do girls realize that guys do the exact same thing for the girls they like? lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Never really understood why all this extra effort. Would be good to know why go the extra mile.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope and we don't care either, also don't kid yourself, that is all for you not for the guy.

0|0
    2|0
  • a week too late usually. Get him to start looking in that direction and then go for the kill.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm pretty sure girls don't do that for me specifically but they do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you realize how much guys do to get a girls attention also

1|0
    0|0
  • 3 hours of work... do u know how much effort guys put into courting u, just to be rejected?

0|0
    1|0
  • I don't, but that Is because i like simple girls...

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes, beimg subtle is wasted on us, the best way to let us know, is to say something.

0|0
    0|0
  • No because no girl want my attention

0|1
    1|0
  • Not really

0|0
    0|0
  • really

0|0
    0|0
  • The same can be said for guys.

0|0
    0|0
  • We are not entirely clueless

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you realize that initiating a convo is easy?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yes i do know. I'm super angry because this guy i was talking to and asked out today never mentioned that he had a girl friend.. i would have never dressed up and painted my nails and sat next to him and everything if i knew he had a girlfriend...

• Nooooooooo

0|0
    0|0
  • Then why do I see so many women on here saying "we don't do makeup for men, we do it for ourselves"?

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, I do. I wish you would tell that to one girl is online right now talking about - "girls don't put on make up for guys". LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really, I think guys get a bit desensitised when most of the time girls are dressed up and so it seems normal. I wish girls would be more direct because it's practically impossible to know their motives

0|1
    0|0
    • I literally asked the guy out today. If thats not direct I don't know what is

• Fair enough but I don't know of any cases of that happening in my experience

• Do you realize how many girls will get pissy with a guy if he dares to thinks that?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Men do as well. With the added pressure of making the first move.
    And women dress just as much for themselves and other women, not wanting to come up short against them, than they do for men

1|4
    1|0
    • I made the first move this time and it did not pay off bc he didn't mention he had a girlfriend

• Show All
    • Must be the week for it, but next week will be better hun. You learn from what went wrong and adjust for next time xo

• If you think that's bad men are labeled creepy or harassing her just for approaching a woman. Sometimes a woman will laugh at you. It was happened twice in my life.

• I don't think they do 😂 I'm not saying that all men don't because I know many do. But from my past experiences, nah those boys wouldn't know how much I would try to look good. Lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Guys could ask basically the same thing.

0|0
    0|0
  • glad I'm not the only one who does this

0|0
    0|0
  • They know it

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes