Why do most old women have short hair?

Why do most old women have short hair?

Who wants MHO?

2813

Most Helpful Girl

• It's easier to care for and they are losing hair anyway

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

What Girls Said 27

• Practicality, sparseness of hair, looks better since the older you are the quality of your hair is worse...

• It's the easiest to maintain, and when getting old hair becomes brittle, so long hair doesn't look good anymore. Of course really thick and healthy hair can remain good even when old.

• It's easier to care for. I was working in a nursing home and while I was combing this white ladies hair (she couldn't do it herself), I realized as a black woman, I may be better off shaving my head bald in a nursing home. Hair can be a big commitment and as they weaken with age and arthritis develops, etc. It's easier to keep it short.

• They cut it short to make it easier or because they're old, estrogen level aren't the same anymore when they were younger. So due to these hormonal changes, they're not able to grow long think hair like they use to when they were younger.

• Your hair naturally starts to thin and and dry out when you get older so to keep it healthy and well-maintained, it's easiest to keep it short. It can also look more dignified and mature than long hair so maybe it's partly that as well.

• Because short hair flatters the face more. It brings the eye up while long hair makes the woman look older and drags the face down.

• These women look like they would be amazing friends. We could carpool and go to knitting classes together.

• Because they don’t give a fuck anymore? I’d like to know. My sister in law keeps cutting her hair shorter and shorter. Wtf? I want to say to her.

• Because when you fuck with your hair constantly, pretty soon there's nothing left for you to do except chop more of it off.

It's just like getting tattoos can be addictive, some people are easily addicted to the thrill of changing their "look," and the more they change, the more they need to keep changing.

• I think it's because it's easier to manage. And it may not be able to grow as well anymore.

• It’s a hassle to care for when it’s long and it usually thins out/breaks when you’re old. Easier to keep it short.

• I've wondered this too. I have a theory that maybe it's because long hair gets too difficult to maintain in old age.

• I think because their hair naturally starts to thin out and lose its shine at a certain age, so they cut it off.

• I've always wondered that too. If my hair stops growing once I turn a certain age, I'll throw on a wig.

• Long hair can be a hassle to maintain and as you get older you don't exactly have the energy to focus on your hair

• Same reason why older animalsnhave a hard time cleaning themselves.. Its harder to manage long hair when you're old

• Cause their hair can't grow long that easiky without damage

• I know an old woman with long hair that goes past her butt. She looks absolutely gorgeous.

• With old age comes hair thining and less growth in general. I'm guessing it's not a choice.

• They can do what they want some prefer long rather than short

• To match you

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 13

• It's disgusting. 2 reasons:
    1. They're too lazy to deal with long hair
    2. Some beautician and their friends told them it looks nice

And then there's the possibility that they simply cannot grow it long anymore.

Personally, I hate short hair on a woman, it's just not attractive at all. The worst are those duck-butt cut where it's shorter in the back and longer in the front. OMFG.

No, my wife of 25 years has beautiful long hair. It's a woman's sensuality.

• It's my understanding that many older women feel that long hair makes you look much older than you actually are. For instance, if you've got gray hair, when it's long its a lot *more* gray hair visible than if it's short.

• It was the style for many of them when they were younger. If you look at pictures from the era when they were younger, they had shorter hair styles then also. If you look at the early boomers, who are now reaching their early 70s, it's becoming more common to have long hair. They were from the hippie era when both men and women grew their hair out longer.

There is also the matter of hair thinning out. Long hair doesn't look good when it's thinned out. They might not even be able to grow it long any more.

• Because they are more aware at their age that there are important things to care about than her hairstyle.

• I think it's all cause of their age they like short hair
    very uncommon to see a woman age 80-90 with long hair.

• Mostly it's depends on locality and secondly short hair are easy to maintain

• ravages of time compounded by plummeting oestrogen levels

• Easier to maintain.

• Because their hair falls out

• it was "stylish" in their days..

• easy to fix

• Easier to take care of.

• Yeah now those are real wome right there 😍 I would do all three on a plasty covered couch they'll need a hip replacement by the time im done make that old puss puff powder when it's climax time

• Women plastic ^

• Read it and laugh at it you little dick sucker now!! Or I'll break your cockus