Why do men think girls do their makeup to impress them?

Honestly I'm tired of hearing girls do their makeup and dress a certain way to get the attention of men. I go to an all girls school, yet I still do my makeup every day and dress nice and that seems to surprise many men. Not all, but honestly he majority of men that I tell that too are always like "Why do you do your makeup if there are no guys at the school?" What is it that makes them think like that? Do they think the world revolves around them?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. You may prefer girls over guys. (not saying that you're not attracted to guys at all).
    2. You're not at school 24/7. (at some point you know that guys will see you).
    3. Let every the guy on Earth disappear and we'll see how many girls continue on wearing make-up (as if it's some type of fashion show going on out here).

0|2
    0|0
    • I'm pretty sure I'm not attracted to women, I'd know for sure. The only time I do a full face of makeup is when I'm home with the girls or alone. And well, you've probably been a hard working student, I pretty much actually am at school 24/7. Get ready, drive there, work in school, drive home, study, go to sleep.

• Show All
    • Obviously what I included right there is not my everyday life, but a brief summary of what my day consists of. For example, I do use time to eat, talk to friends, etc.

• etc. is what we're concerned about ya'know. etc. happens to every one at some point during the day unless they there trapped inside some dungeon, bedridden, or just simply never, ever go outside. Look at what this girl asked on gag 14hrs ago - "Do guys realize how much effort girls put into getting their attention?"

Most Helpful Girl

• I do makeup and dress a certain way for me, I want it. Not to impress to boy.

1|0
    0|0
    • So you do makeup and dress nice even when you don't go out? Just walk around the house like that?

• Not the one you asked but I do that. Not just saying that, the only time I wear the lipsticks I buy is when I'm home! Even though I do my makeup for when I'm going out as well

• Not always. If I'm in the house all day I'm having a lazy day so I'm in my pjs, not bothering with makeup then.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 32

• I grew up with 2 sisters and even when they didn’t really care for boyfriends putting on makeup was fun for them I don’t know why and they seemed to like the simple fact that they looked different when they put it on kind of like changing things up that is my experience, but some girls do put makeup on for boys

0|0
    0|0
  • Cuz if they weren't trying to be attractive they wouldn't bother.
    You have biological urges you're not even consciously aware of.

ALL fashion is dictated by men, always has been. If the men don't like it it's not popular. Period.

0|2
    0|0
  • Very true. Now I know. If it's not for guys then why put makeup.. I mean it does look pretty. I 100% agree. But u can't see it lol. We can. It must be that power of knowing like yeah I look good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't believe that I believe they do it because they want to feel good about themselves it's a way of changing yourself each and every day makeup is beautiful and no makeup is beautiful I think it's just an attitude adjustment and there's nothing wrong with it

0|0
    0|0
  • Because they do. Or they do it to impress women.

Literally any physical change in appearance is for the purpose of impressing others.

1|0
    0|0
    • I disagree with this. I wear make up because it makes me feel confident and I love how I look with it on. I sometimes put it on when I don't have plans to see anyone because it's an enjoyable process (to me) and I love to get creative. Boys/majority of other people wouldn't even notice the small things I do, such as winged eyeliner or maybe a cut crease, so why would I bother putting an entire face of make up on for that?

• I'm with you girl! Exactly the same for me

• The world doesn't revolve around men only but around women as well. I think you put makeup on to hide your insecureties about your self image for the outside world not only for men but for women as well. And that's the reason for most women to put make up on.

1|0
    0|0
  • Why do girls think that guys go to gim to impress them

0|1
    0|0
  • Because it's true for most?
    I don't understand why y'all are ashamed to admit it, it's normal, nothing wrong with that. Many guys do the same when they go out, they dress better, especially when wanting to pick up women. Also lots of guys go to the gym just to look hotter to women.

0|0
    0|0
    • When I wanna be extra pretty for a date or summary, I do my makeup, of course, but I mean that when I do full on makeup with eyes lips, contour and everything it's mostly for when I'm home with my girls or alone

• Because logically it's in your best interest to look as attractive as you can towards the opposite sex. Make accentuates a girls features and makes her look more attractive.

0|1
    0|0
  • Girls do their makeup for attention, specifically for a mate aka man. If it's not for a man at that moment, it's to compete with other women. Intimidate them.

0|0
    0|0
    • I strongly disagree. The only time I do a full fave of makeup, is when I'm home alone or with my best friends, all girls. Those same girls I do my makeup for is the Ines that have seen me doing weird shit in the most unattractive states of my life so I really don't think impressing them is in my mindset

• Show All
    • Not a bad thing, I do it sometimes as well, I just don't get why some people think I'm weird for doing my makeup sometimes just for myself, like it's such a weird thing

• Yeah, I understand.

• My opinion is that men do this to phsyc themselves up making them feel like women want to look nice for them

1|0
    0|0
  • It's because that is the most direct point. When you do anything to make yourself more attractive people assume it is to attract someone

0|1
    0|0
  • That is the basic purpose of make up. Same principal as peacocking.

0|2
    1|0
  • I think most women i've met are concerned with making thenselves look better for men, & that might not be all there is to makeup but I feel like its obviously a significant portion of the motivation.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you think men think girls do their make up to impress them? Honestly I'm tired of hearing you thinking that men think that girls do their makeup and dress a certain way to get the attention of men.

0|0
    0|0
  • Even most guys realize that this isn't for mens sake. :-P

1|0
    0|0
  • To answer your questions, I feel a lot of guys want to think that women wear makeup to have it noticed. A lot of why people wear and style themselves up when they go out is a sense of self image they want to have when surrounded by other people. Men do it as well. Instead of understanding it's a comfort of one's own image they think it they want attention.

To your second question, I think it's a common issue with both genders. When there are over 7 billion people in the world, people tend to want to stick out amongst the crowd and think people want their attention and time of day.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think thats not true, being a Guy i am telling that, if girls do their makeup to impress boys then they should walk without clothes. 😉

0|1
    0|0
  • I really dont understand whats the need for makeup. Its overrates

0|1
    0|0
  • That's the purpose of makeup: enhance beauty. Why do women enhance their beauty? Attract mates

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 11

• This one's easy - because boys (not actual real men, though...) think the world revolves around them... and that's about it.
    But I'll be getting so many downvotes for this... so get ready. =)

0|0
    0|2
  • I rarely wear makeup except for when there might be a special occasion or a date night. .. t. I do wear lipstick more than any other type of makeup. And no offense I really mean no harm this is just my opinion but it makes no sense to wear makeup if you aren't trying to impress somebody. just saying..

1|0
    0|0
  • I do my make up for me. Having a guy compliment me is a bonus. But most guys I know prefer natural looking beauty over caked up face anytime.

1|1
    0|0
  • We do it to enhance our appearance to impress guys AND girls. Since females are our worst critics. Face it, you're not walking around at home all day with a full face and stiletto heels.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've noticed that most men find women are more beautiful without makeup. But that's based on men my age 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • They seem to thing everything we do is for them lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because theyre self obsessed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I don't see anything fun about wearing make-up.
    If it isn't to feel attractive around guys though, I would think the girl feels she's not beautiful enough without it and is, well basically trying to look better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it is true

0|0
    0|0
  • They think that the woman's role is to dress and look good in order to impress men, while that is not true for many women.

1|1
    0|0
  • Because we subconsciously do. Makeup enhance our looks and we try to look good in order to impress the individuals we are attracted to, which in most cases are men.

Men also dress and groom themselves to impress women.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes