Why do people on the internet say im pretty but people in real life say im ugly?

I post videos and people say im pretty but in real life everyone says im ugly. It may be the lighting in the video that makes me look more attractive. But other than that, i wonder if there's a difference. I feel like I'm an unattractive girl because my family says im ugly and a lot of people say im ugly and im lonely but on the internet, i get a lot of compliments which kind of makes me feel better but i still feel sad because in real life, im invisible.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i doubt people irl truly call you ugly..
    EVERYONES BEAUTIFUL IN THEIR OWN WAYS!

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • In hs i was called ugly a lot but now i just get treated like i dont even matter. No one calls me pretty irl

• And on the internet i only get complimented by strangers

• Well most people dont just stop and call someone pretty out of the blue.

Most Helpful Girl

• Pictures can look different than from real life. But I'm sure you're not ugly. Don't feel down if people say bad stuff about you, their opinion doesn't really matter. It just matters if you love yourself.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• I have no idea what you look like so I don't know why they are calling you these things. But maybe the people on the internet are wanting to get at you so they compliment you. Or maybe the people IRL just want to knock down your self esteem.

0|0
    0|0
  • Theyre probably all being jealous of how you look. I cannot say definitely as I do not kniw how you look but I'm sure you are very pretty

0|1
    0|0
  • My family does the same and my friends don't care what I look like. Looks will only get you so far. Focus on better goals.

0|0
    0|0
  • People only can either be nasty or too nice so you can never tell

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe everything I read on the internet because it is always fact.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because people feel more safe at home.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let's see a pic of u

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Or maybe everyone you know in real life is an asshole.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are probably jealous because you sound pretty!❤️ Ignore them

0|0
    0|0
  • Beauty is subjective

0|0
    0|0
  • You hang out with shitty people who shatter your self-worth. That's why.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes