Do you ever think you look good in real life but terrible in photos?

I am reasonably happy with my appearance when I look in the mirror. Sometimes at home I even think to myself, I'm pretty cute. But then I see photos that I take of myself or friends take of me and feel terrible. My flaws seem to be excentuated and I feel so different. I see someone I don't want other people seeing. I am never pleased enough with a photo to post it on social media while my friends find this so easy. I just don't understand how I can look so different in photos! Can someone explain? Do other people see me differently in photos too or am I making it up? And if I look good in the mirror but bad in photos, which do people see? Does anyone understand?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I've got the same problem. I just don't like being photographed, so I get kinda stiff and all my pics look forced.
    Someday I got so fed up, about not having a single nice pic, that I went to a professional photo shooting. We took about 300 of pics (felt like hell), but in the end about 10-15 looked good.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow I didn't even know you could do that. Where do you go for a professional shooting?

• Every professional photographer does those. Just google for someone in your area.
      Of course that's not for free, so please take your time to compare prices and results to find a decent place.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I totaly understand where your coming from, if i take a photo of myself it would several attempts to get a reasonable pic im happy with but if friends take pics of you on a night out then put them up on social media and tag you in them i am horrified to see them the following day and think my god i look so ugly and end up telling them to untag me as i dont want such pics of me included tag to my profile so i know exactly what you mean

1|0
    0|0
    • I know! It's the worst feeling seeing those photos of your friends'.

• Yes your so right, if pics are to go onto social media then i either take them or i choose what goes on from friends etc

• This is my life! I look horrible in pictures, it's really fucked up! In the mirror I'm like I think I look pretty good but if I had to send a girl a pic online I just don't wanna do it, I feel like that shit isn't me.

0|0
    0|0
  • That is just because you always seeing yourself in mirror. For other people you looks fine. Lifehack: Take a picture of yourself in mirror.

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah, part of the reason why I don't post my face pic here

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes its me πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ i hate taken pic πŸ˜‹

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol I look terrible in real life too

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I hate the way i look in photos wayyy more than in real life. So i rarely take photos and it makes me sad haha

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe you are not photogenic person but that's fine as long as you look good in real life. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • You're probably right but I feel like how can you look good in real life if you don't look good in photos

• Well i believe that a person's picture doesn't define who she/he is. Just smile (smiling makes people incredibly beautiful) ;)

• Good idea :)

• I usually think vice versa l find myself more attractive in pictures

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not sure what other people see, but I hope I don't look as bad as I do when I accidentally click on my front cam ><

0|0
    0|0
    • Aha I know exactly how you feel!

• Yesss i hate photos!! They makes me look so different

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes