Do you ever think you look good in real life but terrible in photos?

I am reasonably happy with my appearance when I look in the mirror. Sometimes at home I even think to myself, I'm pretty cute. But then I see photos that I take of myself or friends take of me and feel terrible. My flaws seem to be excentuated and I feel so different. I see someone I don't want other people seeing. I am never pleased enough with a photo to post it on social media while my friends find this so easy. I just don't understand how I can look so different in photos! Can someone explain? Do other people see me differently in photos too or am I making it up? And if I look good in the mirror but bad in photos, which do people see? Does anyone understand?

66

Most Helpful Girl

• I've got the same problem. I just don't like being photographed, so I get kinda stiff and all my pics look forced.
    Someday I got so fed up, about not having a single nice pic, that I went to a professional photo shooting. We took about 300 of pics (felt like hell), but in the end about 10-15 looked good.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Wow I didn't even know you could do that. Where do you go for a professional shooting?

• Every professional photographer does those. Just google for someone in your area.
      Of course that's not for free, so please take your time to compare prices and results to find a decent place.

• Thanks :)