Why don;t women wear stockings (pantyhose) any more?

It seems like women only want to have the bare leg look. When women are wear stockings or pantyhose, it looks more elegant and there legs are more "finished off".

Maybe I am old fashioned bt the smooth silky look of a woman's legs in stockings is very alluring...

74

Most Helpful Girl

• I often wondered that myself. I think it's because of the cost and the "groupthink" of it being old fashioned. I personally wear them everyday with dresses and skirts. I don't like the feeling of bare feet in shoes... blisters, the shoes stick to your feet... it's gross. Another reason they may not be wearing them is they buy the ones in the drugstore or Walmart. The better ones are from Europe where most women wear stockings or pantyhose. The ones I wear don't show when in suntan type colors and smooth the leg, hiding minor imperfections and making the leg silky and seductive in high heels, which I also wear everyday. They feel luscious to wear and aren't hot because they are so sheer.(10 or 15 denier). I can get three or four wearings per pair. Most women today don't know how to not run them. The feeling of a man's hand caressing my thigh in them is heavenly. The men I know love the feeling of them as well. I think women not wearing them is a cultural shift in the USA and is unfortunate since they are such a nice accessory for women. I personally will never give them up. Here is where I buy mine if anyone wants to try some nice ones. https://www.stockingshowcase.com

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, but I really love that look...