Why don;t women wear stockings (pantyhose) any more?

It seems like women only want to have the bare leg look. When women are wear stockings or pantyhose, it looks more elegant and there legs are more "finished off".

Maybe I am old fashioned bt the smooth silky look of a woman's legs in stockings is very alluring...

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I often wondered that myself. I think it's because of the cost and the "groupthink" of it being old fashioned. I personally wear them everyday with dresses and skirts. I don't like the feeling of bare feet in shoes... blisters, the shoes stick to your feet... it's gross. Another reason they may not be wearing them is they buy the ones in the drugstore or Walmart. The better ones are from Europe where most women wear stockings or pantyhose. The ones I wear don't show when in suntan type colors and smooth the leg, hiding minor imperfections and making the leg silky and seductive in high heels, which I also wear everyday. They feel luscious to wear and aren't hot because they are so sheer.(10 or 15 denier). I can get three or four wearings per pair. Most women today don't know how to not run them. The feeling of a man's hand caressing my thigh in them is heavenly. The men I know love the feeling of them as well. I think women not wearing them is a cultural shift in the USA and is unfortunate since they are such a nice accessory for women. I personally will never give them up. Here is where I buy mine if anyone wants to try some nice ones. https://www.stockingshowcase.com

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, but I really love that look...

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 6

• I would have to agree. Not the "in" thing, these days, but I love all types of really nice hosiery, pantyhose and stockings.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't wear them because I always rip them. Not to mention why am I going to buy something I'll wear once then lose or rip. It's more convenient to go bare legged plus it just feels weird having them on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hot and uncomfortable. I’ll sometimes wear them though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Some of us still do. I don't though, I don't like wearing them. sorry

0|0
    0|0
    • You don;t have to be sorry.. I did not ask to judge.. just was wondering becaus eit seems to have almost disappeared..

• Not my style sorry

0|0
    0|0
  • I rarely wear them

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• They're ugly

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like stockings or pantyhose.

0|0