Should I donate my luscious long locks to charity or not?

I've had long hair all my life and I'm wanting a change. What does everyone think I should do. I'd get it cut to near my shoulder blades or longer.
  • Yeah, go for it. What have you got to lose
  • No way! Keep your lovely long locks
  • It depends how short you are going to cut it too
    Vote C
Wow, thank you for all the replies. If I were to donate it, I would donate it to Little Princess Trust as I'm from UK. I would also raise money that would go to a similar charity. I'm still not sure. I know the length it would be. Help is always appreciated. :)

147

Most Helpful Guy

• Any types of donations to help others in need is a great thing as there are many others today in our society who really need help and assistance. If you want to donate your hair that is a very good thing however I am not really sure who you can donate it to and might want to google that to get a more exact answer to where you can actually donate it and it will help out someone else.

Most Helpful Girl

• I did that. :) I had a really long, beautiful, healthy, non colored hair. It reached my butt. And one day I just really wanted a change, so I cut it shot. Like really, really short, with undercut. And I sold my hair. :D Got a pretty decent money for it, lol. It's been short for more then a year now and I love it! But I recently decided to let grow again. :)

• Yeah, my hair has had little heat to it as I let it air dry and don't straighten in. I have also never but harsh chemicals in it. That is the length of my hair at the moment however I would not get it really really short.