Should I donate my luscious long locks to charity or not?

I've had long hair all my life and I'm wanting a change. What does everyone think I should do. I'd get it cut to near my shoulder blades or longer.
  • Yeah, go for it. What have you got to lose
    Vote A
  • No way! Keep your lovely long locks
    Vote B
  • It depends how short you are going to cut it too
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Wow, thank you for all the replies. If I were to donate it, I would donate it to Little Princess Trust as I'm from UK. I would also raise money that would go to a similar charity. I'm still not sure. I know the length it would be. Help is always appreciated. :)

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Any types of donations to help others in need is a great thing as there are many others today in our society who really need help and assistance. If you want to donate your hair that is a very good thing however I am not really sure who you can donate it to and might want to google that to get a more exact answer to where you can actually donate it and it will help out someone else.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I did that. :) I had a really long, beautiful, healthy, non colored hair. It reached my butt. And one day I just really wanted a change, so I cut it shot. Like really, really short, with undercut. And I sold my hair. :D Got a pretty decent money for it, lol. It's been short for more then a year now and I love it! But I recently decided to let grow again. :)

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, my hair has had little heat to it as I let it air dry and don't straighten in. I have also never but harsh chemicals in it. That is the length of my hair at the moment however I would not get it really really short.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• You can donate it to cancer patients. I did through the Pantene beautiful lengths. Plus shoulder length hair is attractive.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, i donated my long hair to locks of love about 2 years ago.
    Yes it helps the cancer foundation get wigs made for cancer
    patients and or cancer survivors who loss their hair.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'll admit I'm more biased towards a little girl getting to have pretty hair then someone having to go shoulder length. Plus a lot of girls look really good with short hair despite their fears

0|0
    0|0
  • Personality I like long hair on girls, but it's up to you

1|0
    0|0
  • How does that help? What will charity do with hair?

0|0
    0|0
    • When you're donating hair, wig-makers can make wigs to cancer patients for example. Hair donation makes wigs of real human hair possible.

• Show All
    • They would make a wig with it and give it to someone who has lost their hair for medical reasons.

• Sometimes they gets it for free, but other times they've to pay for it, @unicolaaa.

• Depends on how much you're willing to cut

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 13

• Do it! A change is fun, shorter hair allows for so much more creative styles for you to try. It takes less time caring for and if you dont like it, it is hair so it will grow back.

You can really make someone who is having the most awful miserable time of their life, happy by giving them hair to look somewhat normal. I think pros outweigh the cons here.

2|0
    0|0
  • If your going to cut your hair please donate it, you won't lose anything but you would gain so much :
    1- you will get to feel pure happiness when you know that you made someone else happy
    2- please know that a lot of people need your hair so instead of cutting and throwing it away donate it to those who really need it.
    you truly will make someone's heart jump with happiness and joy

0|1
    0|0
  • I've donate my hair every 2 years for 6 years and it's a really great feeling knowing you're helping someone feel normal. However, there are rules to donating. It cannot be chemically treated (dyes, perms, etc.) and there is a length requirement. Also DO NOT donate to Locks of Love! They charge ridiculous amounts for wigs, so many donations go missing, just all around bad. Donate to Pantene Beautiful Lengths! :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on your face shape but I’d go for a lob, super in right now. And donating sounds like a lovely idea!

0|0
    0|0
  • Donate it. But cut it short only if you're sure you're not gonna miss your long hair.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't donate to locks of love though. They mark up the wigs by a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say yea! It can always grow back!

0|0
    0|0
  • I use to do it all the time when I was younger

0|0
    0|0
  • If thats how you feel then go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Donate it, and vary your looks, you'll love it