Dating a feminine guy who wears a lot of jewelry?

So I’ve been seeing this guy for a little over a month and my friends keep trying to tell me he’s gay. I know he’s not gay and he doesn’t seem bisexual at all, he is just very feminine. For instance, he is very focused on his hair, his clothes, even taking care of his skin to an obsession level. He has a lot of ear piercings, I think like 10, which is more than me lol. He’s not a rocker type or anything. He’s more of the nerd type, but he dresses in sporting gear like Nike. I recently found out he wears toe rings, which obviously was strikingly odd, but who am I to judge? I’m a toe ring gal too haha. My friends seem to think he is gay or bisexual, but he doesn’t remotely act like it. I’m not considering leaving him just because my friends think he might be interested in men too, because they’re judging him based off of his appearance, I’m just curious what other people would think about it.

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys don’t have to be gay to be feminine and guys don’t have to be feminine to be gay. If he’s dating you, he’s attracted to women in some way. Gay doesn’t fit a stereotype, and they are 100% just using pre-existing stereotypes to try and label him. Some guys just embrace femininity or body mods because it makes them feel good about themselves. I don't know I feel like you’re lucky if you date a guy who actually keeps up with his personal hygiene. It should be the lowest standard.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE