What's really the difference between drugstore and high end makeup?

Apart from the fact that you can pamper yourself on a budget

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• i really prefer girlfriend who earn to do all those

0|0
    1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The brand.

BUT - I use mascara and tinted moisturizer which is not drugstore, because drugstore brands don't have makeup lines for sensitive skin/eyes types...
    I use the actual pharmacy brands like The Roche Posay, Clinique and such for mascaras since all others make my eyes water or itchy.

But specifically high end vs. drugstore - I would say no real, actual difference besides the brand and bragging about how rich you are. But there is a difference in shades and available diversities you can't find in drugstore products - like a specific shade of highlighter that works on your skin best, or a specific lip liner shade that you just can't seem to find in the drugstore... so maybe shade choices that work perfectly with your skin-type or preference...
    Other than that nothing.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 24

• Depending on your skin the high end makeup will look better on you.. i noticed when i buy drug store matte lipsticks it makes my lips dry and cracked but when i buy mac matte its smooth and never cracks.. it sucks that we have to pay so much to look good

1|0
    0|0
  • I really don't know, I just like lipstick that goes on nicely and doesn't look cheap. I used to wear makeup a lot in my teens and early 20s when I was a stripper, even then I skipped makeup some nights and did mascara, lip gloss and eyeliner. I think more expensive makeup might be better for your skin and applies better, also it will look richer. Just a little observation from lipsticks I've bought.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a whole lot. I buy both. But there are brands of make up you can buy that work just as well as the high end stuff. Primer can help hold the colors but usually the more expensive stuff is just really pigmented and rich in color. Just if you know how to apply make up, you can make anything work.

0|0
    0|0
  • One is expensive and the other is a fuck ton more expensive. I don't use the high end stuff, I feel like it's a waste of money just because I don't really put on a full face of makeup often enough to be interested in that stuff. I just do my eyebrows, put on mascara, and lipstick, it's easy and cheap

0|0
    0|0
  • Not all high end makeup leave up to their cost. Some of them are just overpriced where drug store makeup can also the do the job when it comes to coverage and long lasting. You can get best of both worlds from low to high end. Just have to find the right ones to suit your budget.

0|0
    0|0
  • Newest research and technology will go to the high end make up, as well, it sometimes has skincare ingridients.
    On the other hand, sometimes it does not, and you are overpaying for costly, but irritating essential oils, brand name and cute packaging, while make up is sub par and costs 2 dollars to produce.
    Pricetag is not a guarantee of any kind of quality.

2|0
    0|0
  • worthless toxic paint VS worthless toxic paint. if he doesn't love you in the morning as much as he did during the night it has no meaning. i never wore makeup neither did my mother. rarely i'd put some lipstick on.

0|0
    0|0
    • Congrats?

• Show All
    • Well that is true, but sometimes it's not just the makeup that does it.. there's many factors to consider, diet, genetics, drinking smoking, environment. I know some girls that have a really good lifestyle that love makeup, and they still look great without it on.

• I do agree that many women shouldn't be so superficial but makeup is for fun and it's a part of being a girl.
      I hate makeup too but sometimes I think I have to wear it because it completes the outfit.

I wouldn't go to a ball bare faced, though I have great skin and don't really need makeup, I mean what's the point in not dressing up when it's dress up time?

• I am a drug store pharmacy cosmetic chick.
    I've sold big line cosmetic brands a cheaper brands.
    it's basically trial and error.
    I love love Clarins eyeshadow , you only need to use a little where as Revlon you need to be more heavy handed.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on particular brands - and sometimes even specific products within brands...

Generally the notion is that higher price is synonymous with better quality- so high end is supposed to do its job better (like blend easier, last longer etc) but I know from experience that some drugstore products work better than their high end counterparts- for example the LA girl concealer is the one of the best for contour and highlight

When it comes to eyeshadow though, high end is generally better due to better pigmentation and less falloff

Also I would recommend a higher end foundation or bb cream if you're gonna use it everyday - just because they're generally less harsh on your skin (:

1|0
    0|0
  • Now that there are cruelty free, natural drug store brands, I don't think high end makeup has any advantage beyond reputation and advertising.

0|0
    0|0
  • Better ingredients, packaging, and (most times, but not always) performance.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is a difference--probably more liquid/water added in cheaper. However the higher end is really not worth it.

0|0
    0|0
  • High end makeup has properties that makes it last longer it also has a greater variety of shades

1|0
    0|0
  • high end make up is supposed to be more pigmented and last longer than drug store make up

1|0
    0|0
  • Generally, high end makeup contains more pigment thus making it last longer

0|0
    0|0
  • That's hard to answer since I can't afford high end to compare them. But if I ever get rich, I'll let you know 😂

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes nothing. But the formulation is the main concern. Formulation can effect how the product oxidizes, how long it lasts, whether it's truly matifying or dewy, etc.
    Also higher end products tend to be made out of better quality formulas so they're not as harsh on skin, especially sensitive skin.
    I mainly buy high end because of the shade range. Most low end brands don't have a diverse enough shade range, or the colorsame really poorly done, so I have to shop higher end to find something.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ingredients, testing standards

0|0
    0|0
  • quality and status

1|0
    0|0
  • A lot of high end products have better ingredients

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls