Is being "Feminine" and "Girly" the same thing?

Like is dressing girly wearing makeup heels, cute outfits mean a woman is feminine or do you think its more to do with behaviour than attitude or both rather than just one or other?

Is being "Feminine" and "Girly" the same thing?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It probably relates with your attitude and behaviour than other physical aspects

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• In my opinion it is almost the same thing. I feel like girly could mean that you wear dresses, etc. Feminine probably means about the same thing. But I feel like femininity and classyness could go more hand-in-hand. You could be girly, but you curse or are promiscuous. But you are feminine/classy by sitting up straight, don't use vulgar language, etc. If that makes sense.

1|1
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• What about us Girly boy's.

1|1
    0|0
  • No not the same. Girly is more cute.

1|0
    0|0
  • YEEES

1|0
    0|0
  • Feminine I consider acting girly so udk..

1|0
    0|0
  • No.
    But a women can be both.

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• No I always feel like girly is more immature and innocent and feminine is more like you said a different behavior and more grown up maybe?

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm still feminine even if I can't afford to get my nails done, all the nice dresses and pretty decorated rooms. I hate that poor girls like me as seen as masculine just because we can't afford all the nice things like in the picture - but I don't know I guess they are the same things

2|1
    0|0
  • No. "Girly" typically describes outward appearance, skills and interests typically associated with women (shopping, makeup, etc.) whereas "feminine" is more so used to describe characteristics and behavior. The two are not mutually exclusive.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love the outfit in the pic

1|1
    0|0
  • The same

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes