I feel like I deserve a title now since we have been together this long. WHY? WHY? WHY? - Frustrated - Advice Please!

I have been "seeing/dating/hanging out" with this guy for 10 months now. His sisters actually set us up. I was really close with his one sister and she thought we would be great for each other. He had just gotten out of a long 6 year relationship.. super serious. He had been single for about 4 months. They ended in a bad way.. she up and left him for some guy out of state. So needless to say he was crushed by it and his sister said that he took the breakup very hard. (He’s 25 and I’m 21) Things are going great between me and this guy and I have brought up the "relationship talk" several times now and he has always said oh I'm not quite ready yet.. but don't worry we will be in a relationship someday just give me time. That is his typical response. I started being more assertive with this talk in recent months because I'm getting impatient. I feel like I deserve a title now since we have been together this long. We act like a couple in every aspect. He calls me every day after work and every night before he goes to bed. Occasionally we text throughout the day but his office job doesn’t allow for him to be on his phone all day long. We hang out every weekend and stay together. All in all it feels like a relationship to me and this past weekend I got him to agree to the fact that it is like we are in a relationship. I asked him if we could put it on facebook and he said when he got time he would. So far he hasn’t been on facebook to do so. (I know facebook isn’t real life.. lol but to me that would show that he is ready to commit in a way) If people ask him now if he has a girlfriend he will respond well we’ve been dating awhile now but he has yet to classify me as a girlfriend.. Please give me some advice! Maybe I’m looking way too far into this but what can I do to make him more comfortable? Does he not want to be with me? Is he still hurt from his ex? I just don’t know. I get so down on myself thinking I’m doing something wrong but I think I’m a pretty normal girl and I’m pretty sure I make him happy.
3
0