Would you let someone know that their underwear was showing?

I was at the store today and this older woman walking in front of me had her underwear showing. I just couldn't let her go without just quietly and quickly tapping her on the shoulder and letting her know. She was very appreciative of the act and it made me think, why don't more people let people know they've got spinach in their teeth or toilet paper on their shoe or their underwear showing? Wouldn't you want someone to tell you to spare you any potential embarrassment?

• Yes, absolutely, friend or stranger, I wouldn't want them to be embarressed
  • No, if it's a stranger, it's none of my business
  • Yes, if I knew the person, I'd let them know abou it
    Vote C
  • No, I wouldn't tell friend or stranger. I think it's more embarressing to point it out to them
    Vote D

1014

Most Helpful Guy

• Here's the rule of thumb, the answer is always yes. Just do it descreetly. 😊

What Guys Said 13

• I'll gladly help people by telling them about spinach and stuff but not about underwear (unless I personally know the person)
    Because there's a risk of unexpectedly and wrongly labeled as a creep or perv. Maybe they're doing this as a part of fashion. Maybe the person is ungrateful type and would start bitching... like "what you are looking at?"... you never know. It's good to stay safe.
    But if it's a known person, I'd tell them as I know about their lifestyle and behaviour and I care about them too.

• thats just acts of random kindness. but if they tell you to shove off or something, well you did point it out at least.

• If I know them well, then I try to let them know discretely.

There was one time in highschool that this girl I knew (we weren't great friends, but we certain got along well) was wearing a super sexy red thong. Like a bright red, velvety thong under her skinny jeans. She sat in front of my in chorus, and so I could see that she had a whale tail. Unfortunately the guy beside me also noticed, and so when I tapped the girl's shoulder, instead of letting me whisper in her ear that her thong was showing, the idiot blurts it out and she just gives me this horribly dirty look.

• I don't understand how she wouldn't know and feel it? I do. I find most people either know it is, or simply don't care at all that it is lol. I don't say anything because I assume they know and don't care.

• That's very much a girl thing to do.

Guys are less likely to notice, unless the girl is hot. And then they're also less likely to say anything.

• Maybe if I knew them well , but NEVER a stranger , esp a female stranger as she would highly likely assume you to be a creep / pervert. Strangers rarely , if ever , interact with each other here anyway.

• I would ita called being a gentleman

• nope, that would be a very awkward situation for me , lol

• It's harder for guys to tell a girl because they would get offended and upset that we were looking there in the first place. It's okay for other girls to do it though

• This is why I'd want a guy or a girl to tell me. You'd be one person who saw that and told it to me, vs. every single guy or girl I pass just looking at my underwear if it were me. If you told me quickly, discreetly, cool, but if you or anyone else is like, hey I love red undies too... yeah... creepy

• LOL. No. That's the normal fashion trend here.

• if it was a stranger I wouldn't care

• Id want someone to tell me if it were me in that situation

• Fortunately I don't wear underwear

What Girls Said 10

• yes I do that... I recently told a girl her shirt was ripped from the back and her back and bra were showing.. she thanked me so much because she was going to school and it would've been really embarrassing

• Good thing I don't wear underwear lol But anyways Its a kind ting to do for someone. Cause if you walking around with spinach in your teeth all day and nobody says something and you finally see it in the mirror, you would think your friends or people low key hate you and just want you to look stupid in front of everyone. Then again you do have those people who don't like it being pointed out cause it is embarrassing I guess so they get nasty when you point it out or people just don't want to go up to random strangers and tell them their fly is open. Plus its kind of like in order to know my fly was down you had to be looking there.. i dont know its just odd. lol But its still a nice thing to do.

• I would. Once I saw a young girl with a short dress and a backpack, due to this backpack the dress slided up and half of her ass was visible (I guess she was wearing a thong). If I hadn't already be on the bus at that moment, I had definitely tell her. I hope someone else did it discretely, I fellt sorry for her, I imagine it to be really imbarrassing.

• people usually fear that the person they want to warn will react badly 😂

• People aren't that nice.

• There will always be some people who aren't nice... such is life... but there are so many more who are.

• No...

• If she's a friend I would tell her.

• No because some people respond rudely

• And those people are jerks, but in any situation, there are always some jerks. I've told dozens of people about lipstick on the teeth, toilet paper on the shoe, zips, unzipped, and never have I been told off, and if I were, how can I be offended... it's them who apparently wants to go around like that all day.

• id be too much of a wuss to tell somebody because some people wouldn't take it well

• you can't know that unless you actually do it. I just quickly tell the person and keep walking as I did with this lady. I figure once they are aware, they might be a little embarressed, and I don't want to make them uncomfortable as I am a stranger, but just a quick, hey, just wanted to tell you, your shirt is untucked there (underwear showing), you've got a little something in your teeth, or gotta a little something on your shoe, and I keep walking.

• Well, as I said, I say what needs saying swiftly and keep it moving to avoid having any real deep conversation with anyone or having them potentially feel a lot more embarrassment. We are still strangers, so it's more like a courtesy, take it or leave it. Don't downgrade yourself because of your age. Helping is still helping... as you said, you'd like someone to help you, so why not return the favor to the universe.

• that's true, and i know. maybe one day i'll get over the idea that people won't ever respond well to it

• Honestly I would feel so bad for her. But I wouldn't say anything