How can I learn to apply makeup?

I wanna start wearing makeup but the problem is no one in my family wears makeup so I never learnt how to apply it

How do I know what foundation and concealar and highlighter is the right shade for my skin?
Do all girls / women who wear makeup need to use contour and bronzer?
Whats the best way to apply eyeliner? I have tried and tried but my eyes not only get watery I can't get the eyeliner line straight

I dont wanna wear a lot of makeup I want it to look natural

51

Most Helpful Guy

• YouTube

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I have but I didn't find them helpful bit the comments above have been helpful Thank you for your reply

• Na not worth it

• Lawyer will advise this only 😀

Most Helpful Girl

• This is me a year ago, haha. I never wear makeup until recently, i don't even know such things as primer exist 😅

Youtube helps me a lot. They usually give you beginners make up tutorial, and what essential things that you need. Try eith drugstore products for practice so you won't have to spent tons of money. I watched Shaaanxo a lot, she's really nice and explains well. Jacylin Hill or Laura Lee helps me a lot on improving my skill.

As for your shades, i tried to figure it out myself, but you can always ask someone at the makeup counter to help you. it's important to match your face with your neck.

Bronzing probably needed if you're a paler skin or you use a palet foundation and need to warm your skin up. As for contouring, it's not necessary unless you're going full glam because contourind tends to emphasize that you're wearing make up.

Eyeliner is my nemesis too. Find the best eyeliner type that is easier for you. felt tip or crayon works well for me. Kat Von D tatoo liner is super easy to use, and I'm reaaaally bad at doing eyeliner 😅

You can find heaps more info on YouTube :) Good luck!

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE