In your experience, have photoshopped pictures ever made you feel bad or self-conscious about yourself?

• Yes.
  • No, I don't really care.
  • Sometimes.
    Vote C

1517

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm a guy, I don't really do magazines in the first place like that. I feel badly about myself looks-wise, but that would be the case with or without photoshop. Its how people treat me that influences that more than how photoshop manifests itself in my life.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. My view is that it doesn’t matter if a celebrity is super attractive. They have obscene amounts of money and access to the best beauty products. Them being airbrushed hardly changes anything. If someone feels so badly about themselves than a photoshopped model is one of many things that sets them off. They probably don’t like seeing attractive people in public either. I’ve had girls accuse me to my face if I had an eating disorder because I’m thin. I personally don’t understand being so jealous of people.

What Guys Said 16

• Yeah, but the photoshop doesn't really influence that much for me because in most cases, even without the photoshop and professional makeup, the person in the picture is still a lot better looking than the average person is.

• I've never cared about how "good" I look next to George Clooney or Brad Pitt. Just whether I'm as healthy as possible.

I do, however, recognise that I'm a minority these days.

In an era when the younger people are being constantly bombarded by the extremes of both left and right wing telling them there's no such thing as gender definition and abortion is always morally acceptable on one hand, and racial supremacy and bigotry alongside the idea that even a pregnancy that endangers the mother's life or by rape/child abuse must be carried to term on the other it's time photoshop was banned by the industry.

• yeah, esp with male sexual objectification rising, all the photo shopped and steroid-addled dudes in fitness magazines aren't helping, much less depicting realistic physiques

• Interesting point. It’s funny how girls now say they want a guy with good muscle definition but then say men should love them no matter how they look. You don’t generally think of guys getting insecure, but it’s reality.

• Lol I'm a editor of photos and most people like the things I make for them.

• Nope

• No, I don't really care.

• No, I don't care

• I dont care as much as I use to. Back then though... it was more on female photoshopped because I REALLY wanted to be a female and yeah.., I felt really depressed. >< Now though, I learned that even females can look like a guy and guys can look like girls. :3

• No, just annoyed by the dishonesty of it.

• Ladies and gentlemen welcome to the world of unrealistic standards

• Lol no.

• All pictures make me feel bad about myself

• beats me

• Don’t care, I just figured everything is fake

• Illegal Photoshop on Celebrities!

most sell Magazine to people waste of money by Celebrities are fake famous beauties.

• My finance's nude pics were online in college... After that her photos were Photoshoped by others...

It really annoyed her at that time

What Girls Said 14

• It does for me. I'm already self conscious and photoshopped pictures make me feel like I have to strive for perfection because it made me want to look just as good as photoshopped celebrities. Magazine pictures even drove me to ask G@G about getting a breast augmentation. It's sad that this gets to me.

• It still gets to you?

• Yes it does. It's hard for me to feel beautiful even when people tell me cuz I feel like they're lying.

• I suppose it's something you'll understand when you actually feel beautiful.
      I don't think people telling you will change your opinion.
      You gotta feel like you're beautiful. :)

• At times, maybe... but the feeling generally passes pretty quickly.

• Girls are subjected to unrealistic beauty standards from childhood. By our teens we sometimes experience body dysmorphic disorders like anorexia because of the impact of the media's portrayal of supposed perfection. Nowadays we have snapchat filters that give us perfect faces and 10 year olds trying to look and act like teenagers. I don't see the campaign to address unrealistic beauty standards making much progress.

• Nope because I know the photos have either been photoshopped or retouched I get more self-conscious when I see someone who isn't a celebrity

• no but if I had photoshop skills I'd photoshop myself like crazy just for fun

• No rarely.
    They're photo shopped so its not really truly the real them.

• It used to when I wasn't so aware of Photoshop and how often people use it nowadays

• No I’ve never been photoshopped so it hasn’t made me feel any sort of way

• Angelina Jolie doesn't even need photoshop! she's so gorgeous without it she looks even better!

• Hell no. I Photoshop my own or use snap filters which is basically the same. That's the point of those tools is to nake beautiful photos

• It doesn't matter, nor should it really matter, but personality highlights.

• I feel better

• Magic of the modern technology

• Maybe because these photoshopped pictures set the scale of people's definition of perfection really high and hence, people become so judgmental of each other's appearances.