Any tips for getting rid of dark circles around eyes?

I think it's genetical since my mom also has dark circles around eyes and I do sleep well but I often look tired and sleepless because of it.

1|2

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Tomatoes
    Tomatoes are an excellent solution for getting rid of dark circle, as it naturally helps to decrease the dark circles and also makes the skin soft and supple. All you need to do is mix one teaspoon of tomato juice with a teaspoon of lemon juice and apply it under your eyes. Let it remain for about 10 minutes and then, wash it off with water. Repeat this remedy at least twice a day. On a daily basis you can also drink tomato juice mixed with some lemon juice and mint leaves in order to get rid of dark circles.
    2. Grated potatoes
    Acing the list of 'how to remove dark circles in a week' is potatoes. Grate some raw potato and extract the juice of the same. Now take a cotton ball and soak it in the potato juice. Close your eyes and place these cotton balls on your eyes. Make sure they cover the entire area of the dark circles under your eyes as well as the eyelids. Leave it on for 10 minutes and wash off with cold water.
    3. Cold tea bags
    Another simple technique to get rid of the dark circles is using cold tea bags. Soak a tea bag preferably a chamomile or green tea bags in water. Chill it by placing it in the refrigerator for a while. Now, place them over your eyes. Use this remedy on a regular basis to see considerable difference.
    4. Almond Oil
    Almonds are loaded with vitamin E and its oil is as an emollient which helps in making the skin supple. With no tantrums, this 'how to get rid of dark circles in a week' ' routine is easy to do. Just apply little almond oil on your dark circles and massage gently. Just leave it overnight and wash it next morning.
    5. Cold milk
    Regular use of cold milk will also decrease the dark circles and also soothes your eyes and skin. Take a cotton ball and place it in a bowl of cold milk or iced water for a while. Now apply the cotton ball making sure that it covers the entire eye with the affected area. Keep it for a while. Wash it regular water.
    6. Orange juice
    Another effective home remedy for the list of how to remove dark circles fast is orange juice. Mix some orange juice with a few drops of glycerin and apply this mixture over the dark circles. Not only will it diminish the dark circles it will also give a natural glow to your eyes.

2|0
    0|0
    • 7. Yoga/meditation
      One of the main reasons that's seen for the recurrence of dark circles under eyes is because of stress, depression and a hectic lifestyle. No amount of home remedies will work if your mind isn't cool and calm. Yoga and meditation if practiced regularly will not only decrease your dark circles will also balance the body clock whilst calming your mind, body and soul.
      8. Cucumber
      Everybody has seen the experts put those slice of cucumbers on the eyes while giving any beauty treatment, but how many of us have actually done it? Very few. So if you wondering how to get rid of dark circles fast, put sliced cucumber in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Take them out and place on your dark circles. Leave for 10 minutes prior to washing with cold water. You'll feel that your eyes have freshened up instantly.

• Show All
    • lol Yeah, okay. xx

Most Helpful Girl

• Cover stick, Or Foundation, Lightly, To Match your Lovely Complexion. When you go Out anyways.
    I Have Had Dark Circles in the Past, But with Using a lot of Moisturizers throughout my Life, Little Strife with this Now Somehow.
    Vaseline also helps.
    Good Luck. xx

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• This can be any number of things but assuming you have a clean bill of health and that this is a purely cosmetic issue:
    I'd recommend Shea butter and also Palmer's skin therapy oil. Be careful near your eyes! Also drink lots more water. Hydration is important just like moisturising is. In time, you may notice softer skin, face skin less tight, improved skin tone, decrease of irregular skin tone and decrease of lines. Face masks and cucumber can sometimes help in moderation, but some masks may also dry your skin or even worse damage your top layers of skin from overusage.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks I rarely use make up, I've got hardly visible bluish spots of melanin near my forehead these dark circles appeared near my eyes for a year or two and I've been told by my doctor to keep away from sun, since It darkens the melanin I've got near my eyes and It makes it more visible. They told me to use sunglasses and sunblock cream even in winter but I've got a feeling that It's not only about melanin. My mother has similar circles too and she has no problems with melanin so I guess something is missing and with proper care I can make them disappear a bit.

• I'd recommend you see a dermatologist. They will be able to tell you exactly what the case is with your skin and they'll be able to tell you the reasoning and if there are any ways to mitigate. I'd still say drink enough water and moisturise though, it does wonders for your skin!

• Life's wear n tear, don't worry about it. If you have an active life, you work, are in education, have reason to be tired then who the hell is someone to judge your appearance, which in truth isn't really a problem. Women see flaws in themselves men aren't really bothered about. This is a good example

1|0
    0|0
  • Use a good moisturizer, drink plenty of water and eat good foods, and try giving cold showers a try

1|0
    0|0
    • I hate cold showers in cold weather, how is it good for eyes?

• Show All
    • Ahh okay, I'll give it a try. What about putting ice on my eyes? πŸ˜‚

• That can help too but cold showers also really wake you up and feel energized and that would make you look less sleepy

• is there a history of panda sex in your ancestry?
    media4.s-nbcnews.com/.../...cnews-ux-2880-1000.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Put something really cold on your face , I usually put an ice pack on my face. Also in the last 20 seconds of my shower in the morning I turn the water freezing cold , it makes your skin look better and wakes you up. Also have plenty of water and mandarins it helps

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe check with your doctor to see if your liver is ok... Other than that I'm the same, can't get rid of them. I think being active and drinking water helps a bit. Maybe it's a place on but I think so at least.

0|0
    0|0
  • Two used tea bags on your eyes combined with more sleep and less stress. Ths old methods were the best

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to have those, haven't had them, or a lot of problems, since I started working out, eating better, and drinking a lot of water.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sleep more, keep well hydrated, and take time to prioritize relaxation for at least an hour in your day.

0|0
    0|0
  • I also have dark circles around my eyes. I think it is a bit common for people who have Northwest Asian roots.

0|0
    0|0
    • My brother doesn't have them not any other my relatives but only my mom, who doesn't look northwestern Asian at all.

• Show All
    • And I am the most Asian looking one in my family.

• My mother, my father, my younger sister and I look very Northwest Asian. Interestingly, my older sister look very Italian :D

• Well dark circles come from poor blood circulation. Now lack of sleep help to further the darkness. And many people suffer from some form of sleep acmea, something like 1 in 5 people I think it's been a long time since I looked up the statistics. But what you do for the poor blood circulation is pick up a heavy cardio intense work out program.

You can also try out jet lag pills with Melatonin it's what the body produces it self. To see if it's actually sleep acmea. I don't recommend I tell you have to give your self 10 hours of of sleep. If nother of this help worth the dark circles then it's just just how your body developed

0|0
    0|0
  • Eye cream or try cucumber slices or obviously more sleep

0|0
    0|0
  • do you smoke and drink? if so, probably avoid them. sleeping itself won't work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say embrace it. Go for smokey eye look

0|0
    0|0
  • Stop smoking that glass dick and get some sleep

0|0
    0|0
  • Cucumbers

0|0
    0|0
  • Cucumber LOL

0|0
    0|0
  • Just sleep more.

0|0
    0|0
  • A boyfriend 😁

0|0
    0|0
  • consult your nearby beautician

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 4

• Cold, put a cold spoon on your eyes for some second in the morning. Generally it work.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like using these gel pads. I’ve always had dark eye circles and it’s helped me out a lot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Put patato slices

0|0
    0|0
  • use make up

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes